Maximum boost?

BWH2003

Established Member
What is the maximum amount of boost I can run out of an eaton that has a stage 3 port if the local gas station here has 108 octane race gas from the pump?

Right now I have a 2.80 pulley but looking at what the smallest possible pulley size I could go to give me the maximum amount of boost without over spinning the eaton. Now the main question is should I invest in a twin screw and, with the race gas available to me, run above 21 psi? I would like to hit 700 hp but im not sure if that is feasible or not. No I dont want to go turbo I would rather stay supercharged.

Thanks in advance

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
mustang john said:
Anything over 16-17 psi and your making heat not power with the eaton, octane wont change that.
+1

Don't run more than 17psi. It's pointless after that. Octane won't help with the amount of heat it will create. And you will not come close to making 700rwhp with an Eaton without N2O. Not even cams and more cubes would get you there. The Eaton just does not move that amount of air. Even with nitrous, you would have to run such a large shot you would be counting down the days with your stock shortblock. Once you get around 650rwhp(assuming you have all the supporting mods and a GREAT tune) you are playing with fire.

And if you try go any smaller of an upper pulley trying to get more boost your just going to be fighting belt slip. You need an Upper/Lower combo(3.1/6lb or 2.9/4lb) to get high boost. You will have to suck it up and go Twin Screw if you want alot more power w/o going turbo. Sounds like you need to do more research my man.

Last edited:

Bullitt4110

Established Member
You're going to have to at least go twin screw to get anywere near the 700rwhp mark. Not saying its not possible on an eaton but would just be to much stress on the engine.

BWH2003

Established Member
Well im ready to bite the bullet and get a twin screw if thats needed. What would the boost limit on a twin screw be with a great tune using 108 octane? Right now Im figuring I need to buy the whipple blower, throttle body, and injectors. Is there anything else I would need right away to do the blower swap?

Im just assuming that the race gas will help quite a bit with the motor if I run 19 psi or above with a good tune. Im kind of excited that I can drive straight to a gas station and fill up with the race gas. I was under the impression that I would have to order it which costs $$$$.

So now the main question becomes with a twin screw and the race gas is 700 rwhp possible and with a good tune can it be done reliably?

Thanks

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
108 is leaded race gas, so hopefully you have no o2 sensors or cats, because leaded race gas destroys them.

People have a tune for regular gas and race gas. You will not get more power by simply adding race gas, you need a special tune for it - advanced timing, etc. Race Gas allows you to run a tune that would be dangerous on a street tune (KA-BOOM!)

As for these boost limits on a twin screw, you can go as high till you blow the motor up. Seriously, MORE BOOST DOES NOT MEAN MORE HORSEPOWER. It's a balance of things.

1. Twin Screw. Whipple. Has adapters for 2 TB's. Stock and accufab/billetflow.

2. Intake, exhaust. This will boggle your mind. If you do headers you lose boost .. but make some more power. Why? Boost doesn't = more power, cooler more efficiency = more power...

3. FUEL (injectors, lines, pumps or BAP, etc etc)

4. Spark/ignition

5. COOLING MODS

6. supporting suspension mods

7. safety mods

8. MOST IMPORTANT - TUNE TUNE TUNE!! COMPUTER MUST BE PROGRAMMED BY A PROFESSIONAL OR YOU'LL DESTROY YOUR MOTOR

I can type you a book here but I don't have time for High Performance 101, please do some searches and googles and learn the basics.

BWH2003 said:
Well im ready to bite the bullet and get a twin screw if thats needed. What would the boost limit on a twin screw be with a great tune using 108 octane? Right now Im figuring I need to buy the whipple blower, throttle body, and injectors. Is there anything else I would need right away to do the blower swap?

Im just assuming that the race gas will help quite a bit with the motor if I run 19 psi or above with a good tune. Im kind of excited that I can drive straight to a gas station and fill up with the race gas. I was under the impression that I would have to order it which costs $$$$.

So now the main question becomes with a twin screw and the race gas is 700 rwhp possible and with a good tune can it be done reliably?

Thanks

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
BWH2003 said:
...So now the main question becomes with a twin screw and the race gas is 700 rwhp possible and with a good tune can it be done reliably?

Reliably? NO. And you generally can not reach 700rwhp boost only with a stock shortblocked/stock cammed car. Like already said, once you get around 650rwhp...your on borrowed time. You really need to do some research. We can not explain everything to you in one post. There is alot more info out there with these exact same questions you are asking.

Users who are viewing this thread