Maximum Motorsports S197 K-Member

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If I didn't have FRPP's RLCA brackets welded on I'd be adding these. First time I've seen them advertised.

Mm5RLCA-57_LG.jpg

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Relocation-Brackets-for-RLCA-2005-14-P1479.aspx

Nice stuff Jack!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Tob,

Can't believe you missed those. At first I thought they were weld on, but upon further digging MM explains away the need for welding.

I was actually debating buying another bare axle assembly for these since I currently have Steeda brackets, but cost vs. return isn't there for me.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Ron, they weren't available when I was ready to add a set.

Regarding your Steeda brackets, why not just cut them off? IIRC, the Steeda brackets are just straight links, correct?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Ron, they weren't available when I was ready to add a set.

Regarding your Steeda brackets, why not just cut them off? IIRC, the Steeda brackets are just straight links, correct?

They are straight, welded and bolted. I guess I could see if someone can chop them out.

TORQR

Any updates on the new K member? It's on my to do list but I may wait until the full SLA is available.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I haven't seen or heard anything from Jack/MM with respect to an update. The S197 K-member has been in production for some time now.

As for the SLA, I don't know when it'll be available but I'm quite certain that we'll know about it as soon as MM is ready to share details.

Jack Hidley

Established Member
The engine support brace for k-member installation (MMT-11) is now available. It is not on the MM website yet, so you will need to call to place an order for it.

No other updates at this time.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
A revised k-member brace with an integrated cooling duct for the transmission is now available. This is similar to the braces that come on the 2012-13 Boss 302LS. The part number is Mm5KB2-21. It is not on the MM website yet, so you will need to call to place an order for it.

No other updates at this time.

I vote you get a warning for not posting a pic :) Sounds like a great update - looking forward to doing this upgrade over the summer.

2013Boss302

Established Member
I had all of my parts installed at Voss Performance in Placentia and i could not be happier with the way the car feels not. literally night and day difference.

20150815_120701_zpsyrizy8hc.jpg

20150815_124736_zpssehyxykr.jpg

FB_IMG_1439667955089_zpsxxmtgrlx.jpg

20150908_183957_zpsqseti5kc.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Very nice.

Are you using the stock front LCA arm/hardware or have you made any changes? What are your alignment numbers?

The Extreme Duty rear LCA's are superbly engineered pieces as well. I'm running them too (I think for almost 5 years now) and have no complaints.

And I really dig MM's relocation brackets and the hardware I see being used. All in all great stuff from a great company. Chuck is about the most polite CEO you'll meet and Jack is a living, breathing encyclopedia of knowledge.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Talk about robust! I'll be adding these pieces when I can.

Thanks again Jack and Chuck!

rdanzy

Established Member
See post 154 of this thread. I fabricated a bracket for my install last December but I used two fasteners but your bracket only has one fastener to the belly "brace". Are you certain that using only one fastener is going to secure the belly "brace"?

Jack Hidley

Established Member
We're not quite sure why Ford used two bolts at each end of the factory brace. The brace has very little bending stiffness due to its crimped design. One bolt at this connection is enough to provide adequate clamp laod to keep the joint from slipping.

The Mm5KM-8 brackets are really a temporary solution for most customers. They allow the stock brace to be used along with the stock radiator core support and the MM k-member.

We figure that most customers will install the MM radiator core support and then upgrade to the MM lower braces as well. These replace the stock Ford brace, joining the core support and the k-member. The MM design is much stiffer than the Ford design. The MM lower brace is not shipping yet.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Will the MM lower brace retain the OME plastic louvered belly pan? Not that I need it. I'm just curious.

Jack Hidley

Established Member
The OEM belly pan in front of the k-member won't fit with the MM braces, unless the installer does some cutting and fabrication to mount it to the car.

Users who are viewing this thread