May have found my next car.

Bates TTwins

Established Member
Newer to the forums and thought i would chime in with a car I stumbled upon on the good old Craigslist.

2002 MUSTANG GT SUPERCHARGED

Im a fan of the color, the rims, and pretty much everything about the car except for the fact it is an r title :uh oh:
The plan is to call progressive tomorrow and see if they will cover r-titled cars and get a quote.
From there negotiate the seller on the price and If i can get it in my price range maybe go out a day this week and take a look.

If i posted in the wrong form I apologize

Just curious about your opinions

KurtDog

Established Member
Salvage title = don't buy!

You can get a Mach one for that price.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Might want to keep looking unless you really love it. Salvage titles alway scare me.

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
Don't do it ,
if that car has had any water damage like a flood car ,
in a month all kinds of stuff will go wrong
sure they cleaned it up , but water damage always comes back to bite you in the A$$

sometimes a body shops cuts up two cars and they make one car out of all the parts from the two cars

I like how the seller says it has a rebuilt title
( but I don`t know why the car has a rebuilt title)

something is being hidden from you , the car buyer .

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As you can see, the general and correct consensus is to avoid a salvage title. Trust me, it is not worth the potential headaches you'd likely encounter down the road. If you were going to turn it into a track only racer, then maybe. For a street car, no. Your decision though.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Get a carfax report. It will give you a detailed report of damage. Stay away from water damage.

JasonSnake

Established Member
think about resale as well. If you need to sell the car because you become unemployed, hospital emergencies, etc., you will never be able to sell it for what you bought it for. You can always buy those wheels really cheap from somewhere else -- in DEEP DISH!

SVTPete83

Established Member
Find out why its a rebuilt title. There could have been a theft and it got rebuilt. I have seen these kinds of rebuilds come out good. Avoid water or wreck rebuilds. Also with an r title that thing is prob worth 6k tops. Dont go giving him full asking price. Good luck!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Salvage title = don't buy!

You can get a Mach one for that price.

:lol: A Mach? I'd take a supercharged GT over a Mach anyday.

People are telling you to run, but who knows what you can get the price down to....

This! If its not water damaged the only problem I see with the car is the price. As someone else said I'd pay 6-7k tops.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Who the hell buys a car with a rebuilt title, doesn't bother to ask why and then throws a $6000 supercharger on it? Lol

94svtfang

EMT.Broke.Tired.Student
Established Member
The potential for a terrible headache far outweighs the potential for a great deal.. Keep looking man you'll thank yourself later.

Users who are viewing this thread