May trade my for a Laguna Seca

bull3441

Established Member
I'm going Friday to the dealership to discuss the trade. The LS is a 2012 with 121 miles on it. They are willing to give me more $ my car because of the L&M motor, how much more is thew question. Any of you guys have both a GT500 and a Boss? What are your thoughts? I know I will be cutting HP in half, but I want to be aggravation free.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I'm going Friday to the dealership to discuss the trade. The LS is a 2012 with 121 miles on it. They are willing to give me more $ my car because of the L&M motor, how much more is thew question. Any of you guys have both a GT500 and a Boss? What are your thoughts? I know I will be cutting HP in half, but I want to be aggravation free.

I say do it, the LS is a great car for the money, and you can always s/c leter on, and she would move out :burnout:...The LS is the only car I would trade for imo.

Crushinator

Established Member
Why not. You only live once. Enjoy as many of these amazing cars they're building as possible.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Bull, you have been debating this for a while and if they give you a price you can live with then do it. I predict you will be back though, only benifit I can see is getting to start modding all over again since your current car is a gorilla. Have you driven one yet? It didn't impress me at all coming from driving a shelby.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Seems like a backwards move to me, but then again im not into road racing. Even if i was though, the color scheme of the LS is a deal breaker for me. The red wheels are horrible!

bull3441

Established Member
Bull, you have been debating this for a while and if they give you a price you can live with then do it. I predict you will be back though, only benifit I can see is getting to start modding all over again since your current car is a gorilla. Have you driven one yet? It didn't impress me at all coming from driving a shelby.
Haven't driven one yet. I'm sure at first it will seem slow as can be. A Vortech wouldn't to far off after purchase.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Haven't driven one yet. I'm sure at first it will seem slow as can be. A Vortech wouldn't to far off after purchase.

Sounds like you know what to expect, but with the vortech I don't know that it will be "aggravation" free. Those high compression motors turn great numbers on boost I just don't believe it will have good longevity. Might be another built motor.:(

T.O.Snake

Established Member
I guess I'm just not sure why you'd want a limited edition (expensive!) LS only to throw on a blower. Unless you badly want/need a track-focused car, but even then, I'd think you could pick up a nicely-optioned GT (with more creature comforts than a boss, potentially), and for the $10k+ price difference, you could put on one hell of a suspension if road racing was a priority. Just seems more logical to me than modding up a limited edition (and I agree, somewhat ugly based on color combos) LS boss.

bull3441

Established Member
I guess I'm just not sure why you'd want a limited edition (expensive!) LS only to throw on a blower. Unless you badly want/need a track-focused car, but even then, I'd think you could pick up a nicely-optioned GT (with more creature comforts than a boss, potentially), and for the $10k+ price difference, you could put on one hell of a suspension if road racing was a priority. Just seems more logical to me than modding up a limited edition (and I agree, somewhat ugly based on color combos) LS boss.
The GT motors are popping left and right. My local shop has a few stock cars with the #8 cylinder down. L&M is doing 5.0 motors like crazy, I was there this week. The GT would never be an option. No worries with the Boss, I can get and just have fun. The upkeep of a 800+hp car gets old.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
The GT motors are popping left and right. My local shop has a few stock cars with the #8 cylinder down. L&M is doing 5.0 motors like crazy, I was there this week. The GT would never be an option. No worries with the Boss, I can get and just have fun. The upkeep of a 800+hp car gets old.

What's so much different about the boss motor? Not asking to be a d*** but I didn't think they were much different.

bull3441

Established Member
I dont there is a difference other than a better intake?? :shrug:
CNC ported heads, larger sodium filled exhaust valves, different cams, forged pistons, stronger rods than the GT, Race rod and main bearings, oil cooler, different oil pan.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
CNC ported heads, larger sodium filled exhaust valves, different cams, forged pistons, stronger rods than the GT, Race rod and main bearings, oil cooler, different oil pan.

Interesting, so I take it none of them are visiting L&M?

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member

Wow never knew that, thanks for corrective input.

Users who are viewing this thread