Maybe Trading For This Fox

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
So I put my cobra on Craigslist for trade only and this guy with a fox contacted me. He has a lot more done to his than mine. Here's the mod list: 306ci with AFR 185cc heads, F303 cam, edelbrock intake, Comp Cam pushrods, AFR head bolts, full suspension mods, 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears, a built AOD transmission, 4 inch cowl hood with a cobra spoiler, full exhaust- Shorty headers, BBK x pipe, flow master mufflers and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember. It has a brand new wild strawberry paint job and it's a sunroof. He said the only thing thats wrong with it is that the speedometer doesn't work. What do you guys think?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Eh, that's a personal choice man. I'd go check out the car in person if he's close and see what you think.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Yeah I'm going sometime next week to check it out. I just want something different. I mean I've had my cobra for 4 years and I love it to death but there's just not much else I can do to it right now and that fox already has basically everything I want. I'm not 100% sure I want to trade or even 50% until I go check it out and drive it but I've always wanted a fox since I was little. how much power do you think that engine puts down? I also forgot to mention it has a tubular K member

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Well, I understand, I have a soft spot for foxes myself. I'll warn you though, it's far more primitive than your cobra.

As for power...hard to say for sure. There are other things, like compression, that will matter. But if I had to guess, somewhere around 300hp give or take 10. But in a fox, that makes for a quick car. As long as the trans is done properly.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Lose the 4 inch cowl if you buy it. Horrible look for car that doesn't actually need it.

Got any pictures of the car?

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Hmm I might. I'll probably remove the cobra spoiler though since its just a LX and put a stock one on it. I like the stock ones more. And no I won't have any pictures of it until Monday cause his phone doesn't send them so he's going to have his friend at work do it. I might take some when I go see it

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Hmm I might. I'll probably remove the cobra spoiler though since its just a LX and put a stock one on it. I like the stock ones more. And no I won't have any pictures of it until Monday cause his phone doesn't send them so he's going to have his friend at work do it. I might take some when I go see it

You mean there are people out there who do not have smartphones?!

PACOS50

Pacos50
Established Member
A 306 is nothing but a 302 with a over bore so it will be as reliable as any 302 with he same mods. As with anything else it will depend on the quality of parts, machine work, and assembly. I ran a .30 over (306) on my coupe for a while and it ran great, I had it balanced with trickflow heads, long tubes, and their stage one cam and spun it up to 7K with no problems. It was a daily driver and I would track it as often as possible, except for the usual tune up and normal wear and tear parts I never had a problem with it.

Hope that helps.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I knew it was a bored up 302 but I'm not smart with worked on engines like that lol. But yes thank you that helps. He said one of the past owners had the bottom end built at some famous race shop in mississippi. Ill ask what the name was tomorrow. He said the car might need a tune to help with its idle if it idles for a long time. What kind of tuners or chips I guess are out there for these cars? It has 24lbs injectors

Last edited:

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
I ran a SC'd 306 in my other 95 Cobra to the tune of 50k plus miles after the build. DSS kit. Worked flawlessly.

Drove it everywhere and even on long road trips from Colorado to Daytona while getting 25mpg's. A properly tuned/set up 306 can make some decent power and should last you a while.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
This was it.

100_1235HDRToned.jpg

Got any shots of the Fox your looking at yet?

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
That's a beautiful car man! I didnt know they ever made sn-95s with sunroofs. And no I won't have any pictures of it until Monday. But he said it might need a tune to help its idle if it idles for a long time. What kind of chips out there would you recommend for it?

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
That's a beautiful car man! I didnt know they ever made sn-95s with sunroofs. And no I won't have any pictures of it until Monday. But he said it might need a tune to help its idle if it idles for a long time. What kind of chips out there would you recommend for it?

It wasn't a factory option. Previous owner had it installed. Didn't care for it personally but I did get the car at a real cheap price. Old guy who didn't take care of it, aesthetically speaking. Drive train was fine though.

For tuning, SCT handhelds to load new tunes work well. Past that, I usually take mine to a professional shop and let them make a custom tune but for what your describing, thats a common mod so I'm sure there are tunes out there for it already. I'm no pro in that area so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I would love to take it to a shop to get a dyno tune but I live in western kentucky and I really don't know of any dynos anywhere near here

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
The fox also has 15x8 weld prostars in the rear with 290/40-15 tires and 15x3.5 weld prostars in the front

trollnstroll

Established Member
To my knowledge, SCT chips are gonna pretty much have the monopoly on tuning for the fox bodies. You'll have to pick up an SCT eliminator chip and have tunes burnt to the chip. You won't have a hand held tuner to change tunes, you'll have a small dial that will allow you change from setting to setting.

Last edited:

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Hmm I wonder if AmericanMuscle sells them with tunes. The guy actually changed his mind about sending pics Monday and is actually driving the car to my house in about an hour so I'll be sure to post some pictures on here

Users who are viewing this thread