McLeod RST clutch sticking low rpm issue

Jvibe92

Established Member
Hey Everyone,

I have a very experienced shop install my McLeod RST and lightened steel flywheel. Works flawlessly. Buttery shifts all the way through 7.9-8k rpm. I do have one recurrent issue that I cannot find if it is common issue with Mcleod.

Here is some descriptions.
Shop installed during tranny rebuild. New slave and SS clutch line put in. 3k miles put on it. Clutch sticks under load + low rpms (1250-less). It will not come out of gear even with the clutch fully depressed at this point and I have two options, yank it out of gear (crunching) or move foward and accelerate a few miles/hr and pull out smoothly. When stuck and the brake off, the car creeps.

Had the shop look over everything and the replaced the slave with a new slave as everything looked perfect to them. 6 days later it happened twice (drive thru and traffic).

Any insight? I do baby it during DD duties but in traffic if I am stuck in 1st gear it is a pain and I do not want to continue yanking it out of gear while its "engaged"

stang910

Established Member
Not sure if this is your problem, but I had a slightly bent input shaft which didn't allow the clutch discs to release smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread