• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

McLeod RXT clutch (6975-07M) high pedal effort

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by Poisonous West, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Poisonous West

Poisonous West Member Established Member

I been driving my 11 GT500 with a newly installed McLeod RXT clutch (6975-07M) for the pass 3 days and put couple hundred miles on it.

First thing I notice is the unusual HIGH pedal effort requires to depress the clutch pedal. I would say it is AT LEAST TWICE the pedal effort than the stock clutch. For those has this McLeod RXT clutch installed in their car. Do you have stock clutch pedal effort?

I have installed the RXT clutch, all new Ford OEM pilot bearing, all new Ford OEM throw-out bearing, upgrades to all new 13-14 GT500 clutch master cylinder, and all new stainless steel clutch line.

Beside the unusual high pedal effort everything works fine.

Anyone have any idea / suggestion on why I have such high pedal effect?

2. RLB01

RLB01 Member Established Member

My pedal effort was about the same but had to install a Ram clutch adjuster to adjust pedal position to engage closer to the floor.

3. Black Cobra '99

Black Cobra '99 Active Member Established Member

My pedal effort has been same as stock if not slightly lighter. There may be something wrong with the install.

People have reported chatter and nosier operation but it went away as the clutch broke in, but this is the first time I heard of higher effort.

4. Poisonous West

The McLeod RXT clutch has NO chatter at all. It drive and take off smooth. I just don't see anything could went wrong during installed. It something was wrong during installed. The clutch may not even work.

5. Reaper14

Reaper14 Active Member Established Member

Not a Shelby, but RXT on my 14' 5.0 is also high up. Works just fine, grips great, nice & soft, but yes, high release & engagement. Felt like I was learning to drive manual all over again.

Vic

6. tktlwyr

tktlwyr Active Member Established Member

Sounds like maybe you have some air in the system. When you installed the newer master cylinder, did you upgrade the bleeder valve, as well?

7. Poisonous West

There is no bleeder valve in the OEM hydraulic clutch system so I did not upgrades to any after market bleeder valve.

If there is still some air within the hydraulic clutch system. Isn't the clutch pedal feel would be soft?

8. Catmonkey

Catmonkey I Void Warranties! Premium Member Established Member

The 13-14 should give you a little more pedal effort, but it's not that noticeable. Have you pumped the crap out of the clutch to make sure it's bleed enough? I know they make a heavier duty RXT, is that the one you've got?

9. Poisonous West

I did pump the crap out of the clutch to make sure no air in the system.

Also, the RXT clutch I have is for standard 1000HP rated P/N 6975-07M. The heavy duty unit you mentioned has P/N 6975-07HD which is rated for 1200HP.

10. lexustech48

lexustech48 RIP FoMoCo 1903-2014 Premium Member Established Member

My RXT will occasionally give me high depression effort. Its possible the unit was assembled incorrectly. As long as its the correct p/n for the throw out/ slave, then the 13-14 master shouldnt have any negative performance effects.

Id give McLeod a call and put the ball in their court.

11. Poisonous West

I am pretty sure I used the correct slave cylinder for the GT500 (I have checked 2 different places and both gave me the same Ford P/N for the GT500 slave cylinder.

I called McLeod earlier today and talk to their tech support. He said if I can remove the clutch assembly and he is happy to offer me free shipping and inspection on my clutch assembly. I told him it's a big job to remove the clutch again.

12. lexustech48

lexustech48 RIP FoMoCo 1903-2014 Premium Member Established Member

It is, but if its not working correctly the hassle to get it out again and inspected with free shipping is a good deal.