Me at Road Atlanta last weekend...

fred50stang

Established Member
Here are a couple videos from Road Atlanta last weekend. Running with MVP tracktime. Using Harrys Lap Timer app on I5.
Mods to car are, 2.76 pulley, FTBR(every piece), Brembo 2000r brakes, Carbotech pads, Brake ducts, Nitto NT01's from DTD. No cooling mods, so I could only run about two hard laps, then go easy a lap or two. I have a couple full length vids but have to cut them down to fit on youtube.

I tried to embed but didnt work out, sorry.

MVP track time Road Atlanta 11-23-13 - YouTube

MVP track time Road Atlanta 11-24-13 - YouTube

I mounted phone on back window in this vid
MVP track time Road Atlanta 11-24-13 - YouTube

black-plasma

Established Member
Very cool. How are you mounting your I5? I'm an SCCA instructor in StL but we only have a roval within 5 hours of where I'm at. I don't overheat but I have cooling mods and now a killer chiller.

Ramairgt1

ST 'D
Established Member
Awesome vids! My house faces road Atlanta and I hear the cars going around the track every time I'm outside

fred50stang

Established Member
Thanks for the comments.

I use a Rammount for the iphone.
62599e6e-0196-4a49-86ff-452d3dc0ebec.gif

I didn't get video of my best lap time, but the data for it is recorded. Not sure how accurate Harrys Lap Timer is. I ran a few 1:42-1:43 lap times though.

cf3251c3-47fa-4570-b70d-5fc6466ee411.gif

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Can you elaborate on the data acquisition gear you used for this? I took my GT500 out to a road circuit in early November and used a cheap app for the iPhone 4S. I would really like to have the overlay like you have on yours. How accurate do you think your info was? Was is plugged into your car computer or was it all just GPS info?

fred50stang

Established Member
Thanks guys.
Cooling mods, go-pro, and some suspension mods are on the list. :beer:

Lethalchem- I am using the Harrys Lap Timer app. Myself and a couple other friends that were using the app were having video problems. It wasnt taking video or it would take 4 min of a 15min session. I 'assume' lap times are pretty close, but its not a verified racing piece, but good enough for track day bragging rights. It was fine on battery power for one run, it would burn down to 60% from a full charge.

I signed up for two days and had a total of 12, 15-20 minute sessions. Lots of gas was burned. lol.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Thanks guys.

Lethalchem- I am using the Harrys Lap Timer app. Myself and a couple other friends that were using the app were having video problems. It wasnt taking video or it would take 4 min of a 15min session. I 'assume' lap times are pretty close, but its not a verified racing piece, but good enough for track day bragging rights. It was fine on battery power for one run, it would burn down to 60% from a full charge.

I signed up for two days and had a total of 12, 15-20 minute sessions. Lots of gas was burned. lol.

I've been looking for a way to overlay data onto my GoPro video, that's why I was asking. I've got good video footage but only have GPS lap times recorded on my phone through an app. I think I need to find something I can plug into the car itself so my rpms/speed can be recorded more accurately.

HandBanana

Established Member
That looks awesome, nice driving OP. Been to VIR once and I'd love to do a track day again. Praise God you passed that stupid Volkswagen. haha

jhonda

Established Member
Thanks guys.

Last track outing I did I ran out of gas at vir in my lightning. I would get fuel slosh around the corners... Even got a video of it. Svt's burn alot of gas a full song. I went through about 50 gallons in one day. http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...top_uri=/watch?v=YiCz4fL6-dI&feature=youtu.be. Not tryin to hijack your thread good videos I wants go to road Atlanta next. Year

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
140k miles, it's what THIRD time to a road course, has been drag raced, street raced (Mexico only), 0-60-0 shootout raced.......AND STILL ROLLING!

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Road Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks, looking forward to getting back ... here is the last vid I shot there, which was in the instructor session. Best that session was ~~1:41, but that weekend, I cracked down to the 1:36's in clean air. This session was on older tires (235), and low boost (~310whp). The faster runs were on better rubber and more boost. ~2:00 SVT Cobra and ~2.53 old Z06 w/427.

AMS builds an Evo that will stop and turn at Road by 415649 - Car Videos on StreetFire

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread