Mechanical or tuning problem

THAITED

Established Member
I've just got off the phone with an owner of the local performance shop. My car has a drivability issue. It loaded up from idle to about 2k (part throttle). When I gun my car, it hesitate for a couple of second then the monster came out. I call him to see if I can get my car tune to get rid lf the problem. He thinks it could be mechanical issue. This engine has less than 20k (5.1stroker sith Paxton s/c 16.5 psi). What do you think tuning problem or mechanical, thanks.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Sounds like the MAF transfer isn't dialed in all the way. Has this happened since installing the blower or did it suddenly happen?

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

THAITED

Established Member
Sounds like the MAF transfer isn't dialed in all the way. Has this happened since installing the blower or did it suddenly happen?

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Yes since it was tuned The original tuner was supposed to iron out the problem but he moved to another state. Stuck with it since, when I talk to the new tuner, he recommends diagnose to make sure everything is safe and sound. I just don' buy it when he said it could be a machanical problem (I hardly drive the car and hardly abuse it). Sorry for the misspelled finger too big for the keys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread