Medical alert devices and services advice requested

hunterp

Established Member
Another piece of mind if she’s alone in a two story house, or has laundry room in the basement, is the Acorn chair lifts.

We had two installed for my dad, and after he passed my mom said she’d keep them. Some days she uses them, other days, don’t laugh, she uses them to send laundry baskets or items that are to big for her to carry up and down the stairs, that way she can walk up or down and hold onto the railing and not try to juggle things in her arms. She’s going to be 74 in June.

A 21st century dumb waiter :)

She does have a basement, but we've told her we don't want her trying to go down there. I think the basement stairway is too narrow for one of those lifts though. She does have a good local handy man who does home repairs that can go down there and the laundry is on the main floor. Before she kicked us all out, we moved anything in the basement she might need to the main level so she doesn't have to go down there.

Coiled03

Established Member
I should bookmark this thread for my own use 30 years from now.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I should bookmark this thread for my own use 30 years from now.

Yeah I thought that too once...honestly thought my old man would live forever...I was way wrong

OK I really thought I had a good ten years more with my dad but that's not how it went down. I wont get into it but I regret every decision I made in the last few years about my father...long story short he died before I got to tell him a lot of stuff I really needed to get of my chest and i will prolly always blame myself for it

Coiled03

Established Member
Yeah I thought that too once...honestly thought my old man would live forever...I was way wrong

OK I really thought I had a good ten years more with my dad but that's not how it went down. I wont get into it but I regret every decision I made in the last few years about my father...long story short he died before I got to tell him a lot of stuff I really needed to get of my chest and i will prolly always blame myself for it

No, I meant for myself. I'm just about certain I'll be living alone. I don't have anywhere close to 30 years left for my parents.

Users who are viewing this thread