Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I gotcha, I really don't have any clue what they are going to go with.. There are a few options that he's looking at. Yes he did go over them with sandpaper I believe, but still them coming to the shop with those sharp edges is annoying when you drop that kind of money for them.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
i gotcha, i really don't have any clue what they are going to go with.. There are a few options that he's looking at. Yes he did go over them with sandpaper i believe, but still them coming to the shop with those sharp edges is annoying when you drop that kind of money for them.

oh no doubt

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Livernois Drainback kit came in :) Also stock dowels next to the custom ones

20131223_111417_zpsltqgtmqu.gif

2013122395141704_zpsvts33h8k.gif

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Kinda of a cool picture guys.. My JT trim on the left vs the V2-sci trim.. Gives a good comparison of the size difference.. It's like a Eaton vs a 2.9L lol!!
20131224_074107_zps8vz03ehp.gif

Helomech74

Established Member
For pistons, I can second and third the "Stay away from Diamond pistons" consensus. Garbage comes to mind when I look back on my experience with them. Personally, I'd look into custom Manley, Arias, Ross or JE (no particular order). I've run all of them and they are top notch and will build to whatever specs you need.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
For pistons, I can second and third the "Stay away from Diamond pistons" consensus. Garbage comes to mind when I look back on my experience with them. Personally, I'd look into custom Manley, Arias, Ross or JE (no particular order). I've run all of them and they are top notch and will build to whatever specs you need.

Yea I think we are avoiding them honestly. Thank you for the feedback buddy

Yeah, slightly, haha. Going to hurt some feelings with this new setup :burnout:

That's the master plan :beer:

im curious about the drain backs.. please enlighten me on those?

Livernois Motorsports Modular Engine Oil Drainback Kit - Livernois Motorsports

Here ya go buddy :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well as luck would have it, my heads are getting oversized hardend valve seats and SS valve.. My head job just went from $2300 to $3600...

and to that I say **** my life...

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It's mainly the SS valves addition which is $600 and the oversized seats I guess.. Idk.. I'm just accepting it and moving on.. It did make me feel better when Drew and I started thinking about how much HP it was going to make lol.. That was kind of a fun talk :D

Users who are viewing this thread