Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

Stanger00

Established Member
Well as luck would have it, my heads are getting oversized hardend valve seats and SS valve.. My head job just went from $2300 to $3600...

and to that I say **** my life...

Ouch! Not easy taking a phone call saying that more stuff is wrong and this is what it will take to fix it. At least the pockets will have a fresh cut in them and the seats and valves will be new and lapped in properly. That is an expensive head job!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea it's going to be expensive.. lol. No way around it. I've accepted it and moved on.. My wife has as well.. lol

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL oh she doesn't understand that hobby lol.. BUT she knows that I love that car for some reason lol

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
UPDATE:

Block has been deburred, and I found out I need new headstuds.. ARP Pro Series 2000 headstuds.. $445!! LOL

Anyone want my old/new headstuds lol?? Sell them to you for a good price

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
There isn't anything that is worth posting pics of or I would lol. I'm not in contact with the builder so at this point there really isn't much :(

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Not engine related but I bought these BEAUTIFUL MINT set of Exported side mirrors.. NOT 03/04 for real exported side folding mirrors. They are so freaking sexy!! I can't wait for my car to be done to put them on

20140113_155712_zpsqpxnacc0.gif

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Not engine related but I bought these BEAUTIFUL MINT set of Exported side mirrors.. NOT 03/04 for real exported side folding mirrors. They are so freaking sexy!! I can't wait for my car to be done to put them on

So YOU are the guy that bought those off the Corral?? Nice purchase!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So YOU are the guy that bought those off the Corral?? Nice purchase!

Actually I bought them off here, but yea they were probably listed in a few forums.. That's me :D

I've always wanted a set of those but can't bring myself to pay the price for them.

Uhh yea the price was steep, but I figure if I need the cash I can probably recoup exactly what I paid for them lol.

Good ol corral

:beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That car is gonna look even better.

So whats the deal with having to buy new headstuds? Old ones incorrect or NFG?

probably cause he's using a completely different block that's aluminum now

Actually it had nothing to do with a different block. All the modular head studs work the same.. BUT I had the 8730, I need the ARP 2000's..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No the old ones are fine, and I'm going to be selling them.. With the compression and boost I'm going to be running we felt the need to upgrade to the baddest set ARP makes.. They would probably be fine but ya lol.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member

Dang, nice purchase. I would of loved to have them.

Users who are viewing this thread