Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
This car will forever and always be in my Top 10 of favorite builds. Been following your build for damn near the last decade.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
This car will forever and always be in my Top 10 of favorite builds. Been following your build for damn near the last decade.
ahahaha thanks man.. It's a never ending build I feel like. It's getting closer to less and less things for me to do to it honestly.. We'll see what the next decade brings. It would be pretty cool to dip into the 4's with a 8rib vortech though lol

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Steering is done which is good. What a pain in the ass that was with the motor in..

Brake stuff came in but I'm going to have to cut the stock lines, reflare with a inverted flare and then go from there.. ****ing Ford and 1/2 inverted, half bubble, half 7/16-24 half 3/8-24 bullshit.. I should have just redone all the lines, but oh well.
01710F5E-7561-4F27-A63E-E107A9CEDE6D_1_105_c.jpeg
75E456C1-51CD-4EC5-998F-E05CA3988EF4_1_105_c.jpeg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'll have to get some pictures, but the brakes are all done and bled finally. Ended up redoing all the brake lines lol.. Glad it done but it came out pretty good. Had to clearance the front wheels to fit over the lamb hub too that was fun..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Been a while since I updated this.. Car is done. I took it to tune and in the heat the boost wasn't there. Preparing for a local 1/8th mi event called SOCO275 I went ahead and ordered a 2.75" upper pulley and went off to my even. In the disgusting swamp heat I was able to stay consistent and qualify number 1 in my group.. and I ended up taking the event for group 2. First time competing and it was a blast. They do it every month so I plan on finishing out Nov 6th, then Modnats, then Dec 4th.. I had a great time and the car is really coming into it's own.

I will say the YSI-B is a big ****ing blower and it needs to be spun hard AF. Well into the 70k range after you deduct the 5-7% slip since it's not a COG or crank drive setup..

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
Been a while since I updated this.. Car is done. I took it to tune and in the heat the boost wasn't there. Preparing for a local 1/8th mi event called SOCO275 I went ahead and ordered a 2.75" upper pulley and went off to my even. In the disgusting swamp heat I was able to stay consistent and qualify number 1 in my group.. and I ended up taking the event for group 2. First time competing and it was a blast. They do it every month so I plan on finishing out Nov 6th, then Modnats, then Dec 4th.. I had a great time and the car is really coming into it's own.

I will say the YSI-B is a big ****ing blower and it needs to be spun hard AF. Well into the 70k range after you deduct the 5-7% slip since it's not a COG or crank drive setup..
What pulley did you get? Griptec? Are you seeing any belt slip?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea I have a griptec 2.75" and a 2.90" no belt slip from the log, but you have to account for some slip regardless since it's a serpentine belt.

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
Yea I have a griptec 2.75" and a 2.90" no belt slip from the log, but you have to account for some slip regardless since it's a serpentine belt.
Yea i have the same 2.75 on mine and i get some "belt dust" that i don't like lol. You are 100% right tho this blower loves rpm !

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea i have the same 2.75 on mine and i get some "belt dust" that i don't like lol. You are 100% right tho this blower loves rpm !

I think dust is going to just happen regardless. I run with about 90% belt tension though.. I have to pull off my AC pulley to get the belt on.

Users who are viewing this thread