Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

1windsor1

Established Member
Car is pretty damn light. And it’s holding like a champ so far.
Well, I stand corrected :)

I'll be putting a hybrid BCA with the FB 2nd gear leave brake behind my turbo 5.2 Coyote, which is why I am asking about the trans. Going in a 65 Falcon, so should also be pretty light.

Keep us updated!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well, I stand corrected :)

I'll be putting a hybrid BCA with the FB 2nd gear leave brake behind my turbo 5.2 Coyote, which is why I am asking about the trans. Going in a 65 Falcon, so should also be pretty light.

Keep us updated!
Yea man it's a nice setup.. I think the key is keeping the car decently light.. I have a tq converter that was sitting behind a FB 4r70 coyote turbo car :) Shoot me a DM if you need it.. Triple disk lock up setup.. Really nice converter

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
"After a 5.3-second 1/8-mile pass during the Mod Nationals, his Cobra became the quickest modular engine car in the world running only with a belt-driven supercharger."

Outstanding! Not even a cog belt, but a serpentine belt!
Congratulations!!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
"After a 5.3-second 1/8-mile pass during the Mod Nationals, his Cobra became the quickest modular engine car in the world running only with a belt-driven supercharger."

Outstanding! Not even a cog belt, but a serpentine belt!
Congratulations!!

Very cool!
Great article
-J
Thanks guys,

Yea no cog belt here.. Even still I don't know of any belt driven blower period that's a cobra modular car that has gone this quick.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Another update.. I been fighting some boost loss. I run a 15% OD crank and a 2.75" upper griptec.. I typically run my tensioner at 90% with a green belt but it loosens up 1-2 passes later.. A typical black belt I won't even get 1 pass out of.. I'm now going to try a RPM gates belt in the same length to see if it'll keep the 90% tension all the time..

IF IT DOESN'T.

I'll be piecing together a custom 10rib setup. I already know what I need and what will work. I'll make some custom shims to get everything in alignment. Vortech has my back and said they'll help me out anyway that they can..

I could probably get a way with a 18% o/d from Innovators west but if I'm going to change the crank pulley I'm going with a 10rib and ditching the 8.

So if anyone's in the market for a 8rib setup in the future Mine might be for sale..

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
Supposedly the rpm belt is the fix, i am having the same issue, same pulley combo just different motor. I have not got a chance to try the belt as where i live the weather doesn't want to cooperate lol, ill be curious to see you results. I hope its the fix.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Adower

Established Member
Another update.. I been fighting some boost loss. I run a 15% OD crank and a 2.75" upper griptec.. I typically run my tensioner at 90% with a green belt but it loosens up 1-2 passes later.. A typical black belt I won't even get 1 pass out of.. I'm now going to try a RPM gates belt in the same length to see if it'll keep the 90% tension all the time..

IF IT DOESN'T.

I'll be piecing together a custom 10rib setup. I already know what I need and what will work. I'll make some custom shims to get everything in alignment. Vortech has my back and said they'll help me out anyway that they can..

I could probably get a way with a 18% o/d from Innovators west but if I'm going to change the crank pulley I'm going with a 10rib and ditching the 8.

So if anyone's in the market for a 8rib setup in the future Mine might be for sale..
My buddy might be looking for a 8 rib setup.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Supposedly the rpm belt is the fix, i am having the same issue, same pulley combo just different motor. I have not got a chance to try the belt as where i live the weather doesn't want to cooperate lol, ill be curious to see you results. I hope its the fix.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Well see. I'll have something hopefully by the end of the month to report back with. If not I'm going 10rib lol, and I'll post all the crap I do there in here for the people who are on that edge as well
My buddy might be looking for a 8 rib setup.
It won't be a full setup.. Blower pulley, alternator pulley, A/C pulley, and 15% OD Innovators west crank pulley, 2 idler pulleys, and tensioner pulley.. I'm going to keep the spacers until I find the correct spacing I need and have some custom ones built by my local machine shop. But I'll def keep you in mind because if this belt doesn't work, the 10rib setup is going to happen very quickly.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Alrighty... Converter is back in, moved to a catch can setup, Ultra Carbon Doors shipped from AED, and Gates RPM belt is on..

Working with ATI to possibly come up with a solution for a 10rib setup.. hopefully that'll work out, but if not I might be SOL.. Or I'll try innovative west.

Local track is still closed but really hoping to get some testing in next month, even though the weather isn't going to be great for it, atleast I can check the converter out to make sure it's better.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Alrighty... Converter is back in, moved to a catch can setup, Ultra Carbon Doors shipped from AED, and Gates RPM belt is on..

Working with ATI to possibly come up with a solution for a 10rib setup.. hopefully that'll work out, but if not I might be SOL.. Or I'll try innovative west.

Local track is still closed but really hoping to get some testing in next month, even though the weather isn't going to be great for it, atleast I can check the converter out to make sure it's better.

I really hope someone picks up the lease or buys ECD, I live 20 minutes away, but it’s not looking good, which other track do you like better atmore Or Panama City? I finally finished my new setup and need to get to a track.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I really hope someone picks up the lease or buys ECD, I live 20 minutes away, but it’s not looking good, which other track do you like better atmore Or Panama City? I finally finished my new setup and need to get to a track.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
US90 is grinding the track right now out in Mobile. should be open the first week of june. that's where I plan on testing lol

Adower

Established Member
Well see. I'll have something hopefully by the end of the month to report back with. If not I'm going 10rib lol, and I'll post all the crap I do there in here for the people who are on that edge as well

It won't be a full setup.. Blower pulley, alternator pulley, A/C pulley, and 15% OD Innovators west crank pulley, 2 idler pulleys, and tensioner pulley.. I'm going to keep the spacers until I find the correct spacing I need and have some custom ones built by my local machine shop. But I'll def keep you in mind because if this belt doesn't work, the 10rib setup is going to happen very quickly.
Sounds good

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Doors came in today. With the help of @BADASS03SVT with some pictures I'm going to try to install them on my own here when I get some time. Should look pretty good with the black paint and unpainted CF :)
3436DD92-F24D-4295-A242-FE532FE85284_1_105_c.jpeg
F9852F22-0B37-4B10-A575-430CCB8ED8F8_1_105_c.jpeg
113DDE2E-8E54-494E-A6FB-98C1E1091BA6_1_105_c.jpeg

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Your car is way to clean to not paint them, and faster than most “race cars”

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

68gtscode

Established Member
Very nice CF pieces! Do you have any idea how much weight savings you’ll see? As always, it’s great to see your car progress and evolve.

Users who are viewing this thread