Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
How much did you pick up compared to nothing, a turbomax screen etc? I've seen a result already of 150rwhp pick up which is wild to me
I picked up 32hp and about a lb of boost, compared to my turbo guard, the bell with the turbo guard over it still picked up 22hp. at the track I picked up 3mph but there where other factors that played into that i think.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I picked up 32hp and about a lb of boost, compared to my turbo guard, the bell with the turbo guard over it still picked up 22hp. at the track I picked up 3mph but there where other factors that played into that i think.
Still solid though. How much boost where u running for the 32hp gain? I’m thinking it’s gonna make more and more power depending on the boost levels being ran

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
Still solid though. How much boost where u running for the 32hp gain? I’m thinking it’s gonna make more and more power depending on the boost levels being ran
That was on only like 16lbs on the ysi-b so I have a feeling with spinning it into 25lbs or more it will probably pick up more.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd love to try this, but I have a low mount turbo. I think it would just scare me everytime I drive it.

96dreamer

Established Member
What did you end up doing to verify pulley alignment? I bought the gates laser which appears to be good on my 8 rib setup but I still have issues with the belt jumping a rib. Hoping to try the fishing line trick the guy mentioned on your instagram here soon.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm sure it will make some good power its got the track numbers for sure.
Yea I think it'll be in the 1100's or so if I had to guess
I'd love to try this, but I have a low mount turbo. I think it would just scare me everytime I drive it.
Yea I wouldn't mess with that on the street. I have a filter setup for street driving.
What did you end up doing to verify pulley alignment? I bought the gates laser which appears to be good on my 8 rib setup but I still have issues with the belt jumping a rib. Hoping to try the fishing line trick the guy mentioned on your instagram here soon.
I did the laser tool, but I haven't perfectly measured it all yet. American Racing sent me a 8 rib pulley not a 10, so I'm working on getting that exchanged out.. New belt should be here soon, the one that ordered was to small so I had to go a couple sizes bigger.
link please
It's on my IG someone mentioned it.

All in all I'm hoping to make the car debut sometime mid to late September. I need to see if this belt routing is actually going to hold the way I have the belt tensioning or if I'll have to buy a A/C delete 10rib pulley and route it the way I used to have it routed. All things point to a RPM belt and this new routing should work though. Just the question on if it'll hold the boost I'm trying to make.

Trans should ship this week in theory. I'm having a custom coolant tank build up too so it'll clear the bellmouth. Shipped off my old one for a template today.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
also you need to measure all the pulleys against the crank pulley. or one by one.. another thing is I think my thump tensioner couldn't hold the belt.. i was only at like 30lbs of tensioner.. I had thump build be a new tensioner with a 60lb spring.. That might have been the root cause for alot of the belt slip issues too. But with the belt jumping it's def an alignment issue don't forget it's not just alignment front to back on the bracket, it's also side to side.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Are you using the gates "green belt" ? if so switch to the gates rpm belt i have ZERO slip now.
I was using it. The size I need right now for my 10rib for an RPM is out of stock everywhere, but I think I found a way to get one to try. But the plan is to run the RPM belt

Users who are viewing this thread