Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Im a little over 68k, but this year im gonna go into that 72k range, the ysi loves to be spun! Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That they do. I’ll be interested to see if I pick up closer to 2 psi with the upgraded impeller. I haven’t had this thing on a Dyno in years. I have no clue where it’ll even pick up. Lol.

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
That they do. I’ll be interested to see if I pick up closer to 2 psi with the upgraded impeller. I haven’t had this thing on a Dyno in years. I have no clue where it’ll even pick up. Lol.
You probably will see the 2lbs, due to how much more you are spinning it, and i forgot about the bellmouth, i run it open at the track and on the street i have a giant turbo guard that goes over it
3ce71c3f0052054543538ce0c836c9ef.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You probably will see the 2lbs, due to how much more you are spinning it, and i forgot about the bellmouth, i run it open at the track and on the street i have a giant turbo guard that goes over itView attachment 1688633

that thing is huge lol. I don’t have a desire to buy another turbo guard lol. But maybe I’ll see if vortech with throw in a bell mouth. They’re hooking it up on the wheel upgrade since I’m racing the car and right now holding down the top spot for quickest cobra. Still paying but they’re helping a little bit

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well shit, it's only been 12wks and Lamb is finally going to ship my brakes out next week.. Took for ****ing ever.. Anyways, billet wheel YSI is on now, ID1700's were sent to be cleaned, they're back on. New belt is on..

Only thing left is to:
Install brakes
Build new SS lines with AN fittings
Bleed Brakes
Install Rack
Install steering shaft
Align
Fresh Trans Fluid

Don't know if I'll get a chance to race it before the heat comes, actually I know I won't.. But I'm hoping to hit up an event at somepoint to see how much faster the car is with the weight reduction, billet wheel, and lambs.. Hoping to skip the 5.3's all together

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Looks like your looking to skip right to 4.90s!

Man idk if this car can get into the 4's on a belt driven blower. Not many have that's for sure. It's a goal of mine, but the car would need to lose more weight and I'd need to add more power I think. Dropping 10th's at this point becomes a lot harder from what I've been told. Now if I went crank driven... that would be something nuts.

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
Man idk if this car can get into the 4's on a belt driven blower. Not many have that's for sure. It's a goal of mine, but the car would need to lose more weight and I'd need to add more power I think. Dropping 10th's at this point becomes a lot harder from what I've been told. Now if I went crank driven... that would be something nuts.
What does the car weigh now?

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
Been a while since it's been on the scales. Added the cage, but dropped a lot of weight in other places.. If I had to guess it's in the 3100lb range without me in it.
So not super light but not bad, i bet if you pulley that ysi-b down it'll do it, that blower loves to be spun!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So not super light but not bad, i bet if you pulley that ysi-b down it'll do it, that blower loves to be spun!

Yea not super light.. I have plans to add optic armour and such. It might be lighter with the new brakes and getting rid of power steering and brakes etc. A buddy of mine down the road has scales maybe I'll ask to borrow them. It might be in the 3000 range.. but def not lighter than 3k. the 2.90" upper isn't to bad, but I'll bet if I go to a 2.70 or a 2.5" it'll pick up a couple hundred HP.

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
Damn! I did some research on these brakes and they are impressive to say the least. Its bad ass how they literally dial the whole system in. Expensive but totally worth it.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn! I did some research on these brakes and they are impressive to say the least. Its bad ass how they literally dial the whole system in. Expensive but totally worth it.

OH yea man, they don't mess around. No proportioning valve, sent to you all ready to go. The quality is insane.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Been a while since I updated this.. Got back to working on the car in the past few days.. The Medusa went back on her bullshit when I was trying to get the steering shaft measured and installed.. I'm almost done with that part. Ordered up all my lines and fittings for the brakes.. Shouldn't be to much longer.. September 4th is SoCo275 race series I'm racing in.. So I gotta have this done.. Might get froggy and install a 2.70" upper.. We'll see. For the class I'm running in I need a front seat setup too. So that'll be on order..Anyways onto the pics :)

8E6591A0-D1ED-44D6-AF98-1C177FE0AFCA_1_105_c.jpeg
2E55B80D-2A4B-4465-A76C-ECC38FA675AE_1_105_c.jpeg
253873EE-6871-4CFF-A306-07F4AD0C8171_1_105_c.jpeg
243EE260-858D-457C-8266-1FE8436B028F_1_105_c.jpeg
46065180-88A9-41D3-B774-19163279E34E_1_105_c.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread