Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
Bad ass, will you be able to retain the power windows? I'm also curious about the weight savings.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Your car is way to clean to not paint them, and faster than most “race cars”

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Yea the whole car needs to be repainted. So they’ll get painted at that time :)
Very nice CF pieces! Do you have any idea how much weight savings you’ll see? As always, it’s great to see your car progress and evolve.
Thanks buddy! Saves about 100-110 lbs over factory :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have those on my car, after transferring all the parts over, the savings was about 75 pounds total between both doors.
Nice! I'm not transferring everything over, but good to know. I'm going to lighten up as much shit as I can from when I transfer them over.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Those are awesome and I love watching this thread. Respectfully though, I think ya'll are effing crazy for what a pair of those costs.

I'd just put another pound of boost in the tune-up and wind up with the same effect.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Those are awesome and I love watching this thread. Respectfully though, I think ya'll are effing crazy for what a pair of those costs.

I'd just put another pound of boost in the tune-up and wind up with the same effect.
I paid $4k for these, I got a deal from my buddy but yes I agree. When you get to this level you start focusing on power to weight a whole bunch more ahahaha

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
On another note, got with innovators west today. They agree'd to make me a 8" 10rib lower pulley :). So I'll be sticking with his Vortech a bit longer and going 10rib. Going to try to get this ****er in the 4's.. Looking at what ken and the guys were doing back in 2014 I think that I can do it!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
95157BFE-EEF1-487B-BFE7-0E7DAA5A8220.jpeg
B4376D42-9E5A-41E5-90A7-1D8BFB33A4A7.jpeg
New damper came in. 8” 10rib lower.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well transmission finally shit the bed. Not sure what happened but I pulled it out and lots of metal debris in the pan.. So that's pretty cool

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That sucks. That's been the toughest 4R70 known to man tho!
Ryan
hahaha yea I talked with FB.. They said that the Planetary gears at this level need to be replaced about 80-90 passes since I'm hitting them so hard lol. So that's the new plan..
Not sure what happened? Lmao 5.30’s is what happened. Keep grinding, hope to see your car at mod nats

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
lmfao!! ahahaha you right you right. Going to ship it off this week or next for the rebuild.. Get her back good as new with 2nd gear leave :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Been a while since I updated this.. New bellmouth for the blower is here. Got the 10rib lower on and the pulleys on. Custom thump racing 60lb tensioner shows up tomorrow and I'll finish up the spacing alignment of the pulleys. Tq converter is back and in good health. Still on freaking freddy brown.. Been 3wks and nothing on the transmission I call every week and they are just rude at this point. I had the front bumper resprayed too..

pulley combo should be pretty stout at 2.70" upper and 8" lower and 8-8200rpm.

Haven't touched the CF doors yet for installation.
1BC330A2-4AB9-418C-9198-61686133E1F5_1_105_c.jpeg
B789B4F1-F418-4110-829E-CC13206A1788_1_105_c.jpeg
A4571B96-E851-4C76-BE88-06831D7192C1_1_105_c.jpeg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Got off the phone with FB. Trans is getting worked on right now. Newer Planetary gears have come out that are even stronger than what I have so that's good. Should be solid combined with the 2nd gear leave :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Whoa, more info on the new planetaries?
I don't really have much info and FB didn't give much. They just said I had a older style and newer and stronger ones have been released. I did some research and I see Sonnax has a whole line of shit for the 4R's.. He stated that he has a guy in FL going 7.80's in a fox with a 4R.. Everything else with the trans looked great he said.. He also stated that bunny hopping is what kills these gears.. My car bunny hopped a couple times at Modnats so that's probably where it got damaged. I'm feeling much more confident now with the 4R's after talking to him.. I am going to re-wire in the O/D I think so I can street drive it more too.

1windsor1

Established Member
Yeah, that's Randy Seward with the 363 twin turbo fox body that does Drag and Drive and goes high 7s.

The 'newer' planets probably just means the later years, like early 2000's vs something you were running. Also making your car lighter will help a lot.

Are you going to try the new 2nd gear leave valve body FB makes?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yeah, that's Randy Seward with the 363 twin turbo fox body that does Drag and Drive and goes high 7s.

The 'newer' planets probably just means the later years, like early 2000's vs something you were running. Also making your car lighter will help a lot.

Are you going to try the new 2nd gear leave valve body FB makes?
Yea that sounds about right. I'm not sure, he said a stronger unit has come out since my trans was originally built (10+yrs ago). Yes I will be trying the 2nd gear leave as well. That was added to my stuff. I have a Cameron's Custom converter that is spec'd for a 4r (1 of 2) he's ever made so I should be able to get this car out and moving hard between the power i added with the 10rib setup and the 2nd gear leave.. I'll probably have to leave at 5k rpm but that's ok lol

Users who are viewing this thread