Mega Typhoon Haiyan coming: Top 12 storms to ever hit the PLANET

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow one of the biggest storms in 4.5 billion years?? Maybe just since 1900-1914 would be a more plausible statement.

Perhaps the strongest storm ever....is what the article said.

I'm sold. These morons can not predict the weather two days in advance but somehow they know what happened millions of years ago? I'm definitely sold.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Is it not a big deal cuz it's not crushing the Jersey Shore? The Philippines are going to be CRUSHED. This thing has gusts over 230mph and is 500 miles wide!

My old house maid's is from Cebu City, they get hammered yearly.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I wonder if anyone noticed in the past 10 years the volume and intensity of storms has increased to incredible proportions.

Its getting attention but since its not directly impacting the united states its not really a hot news topic i feel. I know the BBC is watching it closely. 230MPH winds is absolutely mind blowing. Thats the same speed of a High end sports car and 90mph faster then the most severe hurricane to hit the US. Most major towns these days are populated and have skyscrapers and show evidence of technological structural landmarks, the outter city is still shacks, holes in the ground and poverty struck. Thats where this storm will hurt most. I sure hope everyone stays safe

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I wonder if anyone noticed in the past 10 years the volume and intensity of storms has increased to incredible proportions.

Its getting attention but since its not directly impacting the united states its not really a hot news topic i feel. I know the BBC is watching it closely. 230MPH winds is absolutely mind blowing. Thats the same speed of a High end sports car and 90mph faster then the most severe hurricane to hit the US. Most major towns these days are populated and have skyscrapers and show evidence of technological structural landmarks, the outter city is still shacks, holes in the ground and poverty struck. Thats where this storm will hurt most. I sure hope everyone stays safe

Based on what? Your numbers? I do recall a few documentaries that the earth once had oceans with 1000ft waves going 150-300 mph when the moon was closer to the earth. those were the days! the days that set the stage for life and evolution!

YJSONLY

Established Member
My mother in law in in Cebu or Corone (sp?) she is suppose to call when phones are restored.....

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Wonder how many try to "ride it out"?

the only typhoon I "rode out" was Super Typhoon Zelda in 1994 in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, while headed from San Diego to Japan on the USS Essex (40,000 tons) . We were taking 20 degree rolls, crossing the swells, but the USS Ogden(17,000 tons) and USS Fort Fisher (14,000 tons) were taking 40 degree rolls. The ARG (Amphibious Ready Group) had to head into the swells, because the smaller ships just were getting beat up too badly.

o2k

Noob
Established Member
I was at meineke this morning and they had the news on.. Over a thousand people or more died. Anyways, there's two women waiting there with me... and one of them says this happened because they don't believe in Christ.... unbelievable.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I was at meineke this morning and they had the news on.. Over a thousand people or more died. Anyways, there's two women waiting there with me... and one of them says this happened because they don't believe in Christ.... unbelievable.

Did the believers survive?

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

LOL, they must not believe that Catholics are believers or even x-ians:

"The Roman Catholic Church in the Philippines is part of the worldwide Catholic Church, with its head being the Pope. It is also one of two nations in Asia with a predominantly Roman Catholic population (the other being East Timor), and is the third largest Catholic country in the world (after Brazil and Mexico)."

o2k

Noob
Established Member
To be honest I doubt the woman who said it knows much about anything... The other lady looked like she didn't even know how to respond to that.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Mother in law is alive. There house has some damage. The boat has damage. And their store second story roof is off.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

I was in a waiting room at a hospital in Sparta, NJ with my 80 yr old grandmother when two women proclaimed all females from Sicily are whores. My grandmother came from Sicily. I just laughed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife's family is out there weathering the storm. Its pretty bad...

How did your wife's family make out, Marc. I pray that they're all fine. That was a MONSTER storm. I feel so bad for the people there.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Is it not a big deal cuz it's not crushing the Jersey Shore? The Philippines are going to be CRUSHED. This thing has gusts over 230mph and is 500 miles wide!

The storm that hit the Jersey Shore was like Drano Gel. It got rid of a clog of grease and hair. Typical case of nature sorting things out. The fire soon after took care of the rest, or most of it. The tanning beds will gradually weed out the remainder. :lol1:

Jack Burton

Established Member

BTW, in 04 alone (the year I moved to FL) I got hit with 4 or 5 hurricanes (one left me without power for 11 days). They, are not not fun; yes, I get that. But, as Rob would look at, the typhoon in this case was a "mark" and in his neighborhood and would get a beat down.

Guess god works in mysterious ways. Guess he Hates the Phillipines and New Jersey.

Marc

Established Member
How did your wife's family make out, Marc. I pray that they're all fine. That was a MONSTER storm. I feel so bad for the people there.

Thanks for asking Bob. Immediate family just got the aftermath rain/wind. But talking to my wife, extended relatives closer to the storm haven't heard from.

Users who are viewing this thread