Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I think the title is a little mis leading. I dont think its a polish or wax...its more of a sealant. You still have to clean and polish or wax the car. Use this to seal the wax or polish on. Last month, i claybarred my 20 year old jeep, then put a carnuba wax on because Carnubas make red pop...then i put the hybrid wax on. A month later my 20 year old jeep look showroom brand new.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the update, I have seen other stuff attract dirt before so youre not crazy. As far as my testing goes everything on my hood was beading pretty much the same to include the HCW. Did the 3rd wash last week and goofed hard, I dried the hood with Sonax BSD like I did the rest of my car. It lasted fairly well though, not as easy to use as a spray on product but thats not what it was designed for. May try it again with a hose in the future.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Finally put a solid coat of HCW on the wife's ride. I did not do the spray on/rinse off because I felt it's a waste of time for how thick this stuff is. Went on good and came off alright. I used one rag to spread it around and another to bug it dry. I think I'm going to cut it down 4:1 and see how it goes on next time.
7D4FDE3A-1895-4B77-AF14-EBE43E1D242E.jpeg

82A3419F-834A-4E97-ADC6-2031B0D11339.jpeg

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Just saw this shoot out, at 1/3 the cost, the Turtle Wax came out ahead.

TW S&S is good stuff and kicking ass. Buddy tried HCW and switched to S&S and prefers it. I've thought about trying it, but I can get HCW for half the cost of TW S&S.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I've been using the MHCW for a few months now. Works incredibly well for something cheap and OTC. Although I ****ed up and put it on super thick the first time, and it was a nightmare to get all the streaks off. My buddy has used both that and the Turtle Wax stuff and says the Turtle Wax is a bit better as well, so I might try that once this bottle is done.

CLN 6R

Established Member
I bought 3 bottles of the Turtle Wax Seal n Shine, in case it gets discontinued or Turtle Wax figures out they’re underpricing it.

I have yet to use it, but from everything I’ve seen, it’s good stuff.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I used Adam's H20 Guard N Gloss on both sides of my boat when detailing it the first of the summer. I applied a coat of Turtle Wax on one side only to see if I could tell if the Adam's had lost any of its water sheeting. From May to July the Adam's product was still sheeting just as well as the newly applied TW. Both sides were equally dry. Very impressed with the Adam's product!

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I've been using the MHCW for a few months now. Works incredibly well for something cheap and OTC. Although I ****ed up and put it on super thick the first time, and it was a nightmare to get all the streaks off. My buddy has used both that and the Turtle Wax stuff and says the Turtle Wax is a bit better as well, so I might try that once this bottle is done.

I feel like I should report back after my prior post. I made the same mistake^^. Make sure you do it thin.

But now I really like the product, I do the touch up at the car wash and the truck beads real nice. Makes drying off a crew cab a lot easier that’s for sure.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Forgot to add that I also did HCW to my car. However, I got a little experimental since I decided I'll do an actual ceramic coating this Fall. I washed/rinsed and did the spray/rinse off with Mckee's Hydro Blue Sio2 and while the car was wet, I went over it with Meguiars HCW. Came out decent, so we'll see how it goes.
2C8C79C2-35C0-4F29-BEE4-72057941B2B8.jpeg

3A80A5CC-74AC-4007-8BAC-F1C0A687DDA1.jpeg

Last edited:

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Finally got around to using this stuff. I applied a coat of Turtle Wax hard shell wax 2 weeks ago and used this stuff when I washed it today. Happy so far.
IMG_20190727_140242.jpg

IMG_20190727_140212.jpg

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Here are some tips since I'm now through my first bottle. I still highly recommend the product.

For Streaking
*A little goes a long way. I have only had streaking when I have over applied. There is no benefit to a heavy application.

*If you get streaking, then spray some HCW directly on a wet microfiber cloth and rub, then dry with a clean microfiber.

For Regular Use
*Make sure the car is wet with heavy beading and then spray 2-3 feet away from the panel with a sweeping motion. It only takes 2-4 sprays per panel.

*Blast with high pressure water.

*You then must hand dry the car. I use two Meguiar's X2000 water magnet towels. One is the "wet" towel and I use to get 90% of the water off with frequent wring-outs. The other is the "finishing" towel I use to get the residual water off. You are essentially spreading/buffing the product during the drying process. You can use a leaf blower after you hand dry.

The other mistake that I'm seeing some people post about is improvising. The product works fine if you use it as directed.

That will guarantee streaking.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

You sir are correct, just washed my Cobra and spritzed the wet panels as I dried. While it did streak it wasnt as noticeable as the dry application, I did have to go back and buff everything out so I suppose that would still count as bad streaking. Maybe will try diluting it some next time.

I haven't had any streaking. I do one panel at a time, dry, the buff. If I see something I don't like, I must the spot with a spray detailer and keep going.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread