Mercedes Benz CLS55 AMG?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
thats the long 4 door coupe you speak of? i have no knowledged but i never cared for the styling. that AMG though must haul ass

boatcop1

Established Member
I'm sure it's like all other higher end automobiles. Probably cool to have until it's time to repair them.

I'm sure it's more expensive to repair but I'm not really woried about that right now. I just am trying to get some info/experience with these drivetrains. So far everything I've read is they are built pretty darn well and can take alot of abuse.

Common

Established Member
I would go for the CLS 63. Less potential but also less potential for shit to **** up being that there is no blower, it's a good ol NA 500hp+ Benz. A friend had one, never had any issues worth mentioning, few petty things with retarded sensors but nothing expensive.

boatcop1

Established Member
I would go for the CLS 63. Less potential but also less potential for shit to **** up being that there is no blower, it's a good ol NA 500hp+ Benz. A friend had one, never had any issues worth mentioning, few petty things with retarded sensors but nothing expensive.

I was getting confused because i remembered seeing an NA 500HP version but forgot which model. I will check out the 63.

Youtube has some pretty decent vids of these things. Not too shabby at all. Heavy as all hell though. The CLS55 weighs in at a stout 5,200lb's but still pulls mid 12"!

THE_STIG

Established Member
Talk to Mercedes Guys, they'll tell you, its the Desperate Housewives Chick Mercedes. Go for a C or E class.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Cls55 was 2006 only...supercharged v8

Cls63 was 2007-2011....6.2l n/a v8.

Both nice, fast cars

THE_STIG

Established Member
Who cares what they or someone else thinks.

I'm just saying, the majority of these cars are driven by women. The interiors in them are very small. I love how they look but I would opt for an E Class.

boatcop1

Established Member
Cls55 was 2006 only...supercharged v8

Cls63 was 2007-2011....6.2l n/a v8.

Both nice, fast cars

Thank you for clarifying that.

I'm not concerned in MB guys think its a chick car. I'm just asking questions here because I know if I go there first I'll hear of how it's the fastest thing on the road bla bla bla.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Like the gt500/termi, you're a pulley and tune away from another 100hp on the cls55

There are some pretty good amg/ mercedes forums out there too.

Good luck!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Steve, will this be a daily driver, or an occasional cruiser? Any other cars you thinking about? I thought you mentioned recently that you might want to spring for the 2013 GT-500. I think that's what it was. IMO if you are prepared for any unforeseen, higher than normal, repair bills, an AMG will put a few smiles on your face. Which model/year you go with will depend on your preferences and pocketbook. Hope you find the one you really like.

boatcop1

Established Member
Steve, will this be a daily driver, or an occasional cruiser? Any other cars you thinking about? I thought you mentioned recently that you might want to spring for the 2013 GT-500. I think that's what it was. IMO if you are prepared for any unforeseen, higher than normal, repair bills, an AMG will put a few smiles on your face. Which model/year you go with will depend on your preferences and pocketbook. Hope you find the one you really like.

Bob, just window shopping at this point. I have never looked at these cars as performance vehicles or at least having the potential they have. I am quite amazed at the level of performance they deliver though. I am eventually going to look at a DD. I have a beater commuter car so I'm either going to get something that i will drive everday except when it snows or just go all out on something i can enjoy year round. Not sure yet.

Some of the things I am considering (albeit all different levels of consideration):

CLS
CTSV
GTO
TERM
FOX (This is the only "toy" i would buy as weekend cruiser)
M3
11/12GT
GT500

The Coyote is by far the most inticing at this point but it's fun to look around and come up with ideas.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread