• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Mercedes Sl-600 Biturbo???

Discussion in 'Road Kill Drive-Thru' started by 5.0Trunk, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Benz-O-Rama

Benz-O-Rama New Member Established Member

Yes, that's exactly what I think. Cmon man...

No, more like it's because most of those cars have a certain stigma attached them, in regards to their owners, and how they act.

Aren't you the same guy that said if I raced his whippled GT, I'd be so embarrassed that I'd start taking a different route home from work? Yeah, how'd that work out? So don't come back in here with your bottles of haterade. We met, got along great, share a passion, and will hang out in the future. There's been enough drama and douchebag(edness) in this thread, that we don't need any of yours. M'kay? Buh-bye now.

I do wish that we had a longer pull, without any mistakes though. I will admit that his car is certainly faster than I gave it credit for.

Question for you guys:

How would this Whipple car compare against a stock GT500, and a pulley/tune GT500?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  2. slocum1946

slocum1946 singularity Established Member

I wasn't going to respond- like I didn't before. However, I have decided to.

Yes, I am the guy that commented early in this thread with support for the Ford owner who posted his story (my post was not as you have suggested it was- I have not referred to my cars at all). My support was mild and it was harmless. When I post on this forum I tend to support Ford products and owners. This is just a thread about pseudo-real world performance and as such doesn't require my allegiance to it based on facts or any other objective criteria. I support the original poster because this is where he gets support.

I gave you a mildly hard time that crossed no perceived lines of etiquette. You responded with a great attitude and I thought that was atypical. I posted my support for your car and your attitude. You responded with a crass and classless response. I told you what I thought about it. You didn't like that. I didn't explain why I posted what I did until now.

I noticed the latest post this morning and detected more of your self-importance. I pointed it out. Your response contains more of the same. You think I don't like you. You think I don't like your car- or cars like it. You think maybe I don't understand what you drive. You think I "hate." I own several German cars (although never a single MB) along with many others that are not German. I own some of the cars in your pictures. I buy them new and I am not crass (hence my remark about your used car and classless humor). This is not hypocrisy (like one or two claimed). This isn't about you liking cars and getting along with a Ford owner. This is about how you think you are doing him a favor. The truth is- I am not shallow enough to think that possessions make the man. I detect that you are. I pointed it out. I reiterate my previous claim: You are outclassed by your car.

3. gtmoving

gtmoving New Member Established Member

Clayton, other then you one friend and a few others, there area lot of aholes in here. Your not gonna win in here. Just let it slide.
    Soon his hassle jerkoff will be back to support him.

4. 90goldtsiawd

90goldtsiawd here 4 da laffs & cruelty Established Member

pwned

5. Benz-O-Rama

DAMMIT!

I just typed a huge dissertation and the forum timed-out on me when I hit send.

**sigh**

You'll have my retort tomorrow, sir.

6. ON D BIT

ON D BIT Finish First Established Member

Ill retort now...if no one minds?

Some people with money are pricks thinking they will always be better.
    Some people without money are pricks thinking its them against the world.

That is just they way things role. My biggest question is why even bring up the question of the classes anyway? That sir is your fault. No you did not bring it up the first time but you did exploit it, then you did bring it up the second time.

Let it go! A short quick respectful response is all that is needed here. After all I saw no picture that would represent big baller status. Nice cars but all of them could be had with a good savings plan on a decent salary(Gallardo Superleggera the most expensive I saw).
    Enjoy the toys and the competition(legal competition at a track), there is no reason to get worked up here.:beer:

7. Benz-O-Rama

Wait, me? I'd have to check my posts, but I'm quite sure I never brought that up, as it's not my style.

Anywho, you're right. no reason to get worked up. I'll admit, my first reply to his attack was probably best that it didn't get posted. After thinking about it, and letting emotions settle, I'm just going to let it go.

But, I will say that his free psycho analysis of me, couldn't be more incorrect. I mean, how could one formulate so much about me, and my feeling of self-worth, from a few forum posts and one penis joke. Good grief.

The only person on here's who's opinion carries any weight, is the OP. Because, you know....he's actually met me and spent a day with me. But why use tangible data when one can just speculate and use conjecture.

To the OP,

Again, it was great meeting you and listening to that glorious blower whine. I'll admit that I was surprised by how quick your car is. I can't wait for our next MIR rental, and I'll be sure to keep in touch and let you know about it. Now, go get some damn drag radials, and next time.....have your son set up the GoPro for ya. ;)

:beer:

Good day, gentlemen. And rock on..... :rockon:

8. ON D BIT

The new 5.0 are no joke, low 12's stock, 11's with just tires, 10's with tune tires and blower.

Pure Stock---------------- 1.893 - 12.223 @ 115.18 STOCK 3-26-11 Cecil County Dragway
    kevinp -------------------1.59 - 10.83 @ 127.5 ACDP 03-07-11 Alabama Int Dragway, Steele, AL

Enjoy all the toys in good health!!!:beer:

9. gtmoving

gtmoving New Member Established Member

Woha!!!! So what is a stock GT500? Is it better to get a 5.0 and SC it or just get the GT500?

10. ON D BIT

GT500!

Imo the 5.0 should stay n/a as its is a great platform for road racing and strong to drag with minimal mods! Yes with a blower you can have 550rwhp in a 3700lbs car but thats about it without forging the motor.

The GT500 has been known to hold 750-800rwhp reliably if you keep the tach down. This in a 3750lb car(11/12, the 07-10 weigh 100lbs more). If you want big power go gt500!

11. 03snakenvtn

03snakenvtn New Member Established Member

You'd probably be surprised how many people who buy these cars mod them. A lot of the people that buy cars like this have already bought several Merc's, and have good relationships with the dealer, so they'll overlook certain mods. We had a guy come in with a brand new C63 AMG that he'd already modded the crap out of. I don't think they denied any of his warranty work, but he was pissed when they reflashed his computer, because he clearly had an aftermarket tune, headers, exhaust, etc. He had only bought the car like a month earlier for just north of $70k.

12. Ekselent

Ekselent New Member

: )

But where is Hasselhof? : )
    Haloo

13. MACHXLR8

MACHXLR8 Third Member Established Member

^...bumped for that??

14. DavidHasselhoff

DavidHasselhoff WHYUMAD Established Member

This happened...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kid put the car through a pole a while ago. My blowers currently at Stiegemeier getting the venom cooler, dual meth injection ports , & an interchangeable pulley setup put on it. A guy on the local forum has a newer model CL65 with a tune he recently purchased, but has to replace the coil packs (apparently they're ~$1200 each?). Once I get my blower back on & his is fixed I'm looking to get some runs in with him. :beer:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  15. Ekselent

Ekselent New Member

Oh shit.... sorry...
    Juha