MGW Handle Questions

hwystr

Established Member
For those that put the handle on with stock knob, what position did you adjust the telescoping handle piece to? I installed it low and to the left(maybe slightly back). Just doesn't feel right (knob is angled rearward too much, but still positioned too far fwd), somewhat disappointed based on all the great posts on here for it. :shrug:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
There is no right/wrong. Its best to drive around with it before putting outer boot back on and find where it feels best. I have mine turned somewhat toward me and rather extended as well.

03DOHC

Established Member
I have mine at about 7-8 o'clock(12 being the front of the car and 6 the rear) and fully extended. Feels OK to me.

GreySnake

Established Member
hehe, I just went out and looked how I had it, based on 03DOHC's description. Mine is also about 8:00 and all the way extended out. At first, I didn't have it extended and wasn't too pleased, then after extending it, SHAZZAAMMM!!! Felt great then! Try it fully extended, I think you'll be pleased.

trey193

Established Member
Extended and 8 o'clcock here as well and powershifts are a snap now!

hwystr

Established Member
Thanks everyone, sounds like I need to extend it. I was at 8 oclock with minimal extension (wanted shorter throws).

Sin

Established Member
Just got my order form this morning....I needed that handle since I already got the race knob...duh

cobraonjuice

Established Member
6 oclock fully extended on the lowest setting on the tri-shifter. fells great!

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Go with a round knob (such as the MGW Gripper) if stock knob doesn't feel right when tilted back with the MGW handle.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The nice thing about the MGW handle is that the adjustment is infinite. You can get the feel that works best for YOU! I love it.
:)

ALA G8R

Banned
I need to adjust the shift ball about 1 to 2 inches backwards on my Tri-Ax shifter. Will the MGW allow me to move the shift ball rearward?

Thanks,

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by ALA G8R
I need to adjust the shift ball about 1 to 2 inches backwards on my Tri-Ax shifter. Will the MGW allow me to move the shift ball rearward?
There are two set screws on the handle. Loosen both and you can rotate the handle 360 degrees if I remember right. You should be able to move the ball an inch that way. Let us know how you make out.
:burnout:

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
Does the MGW handle make the 3rd and 5th gear shifts feel closer than right on the radio so you don't have to lean forward in the seat??

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 03SLOBRA
Does the MGW handle make the 3rd and 5th gear shifts feel closer than right on the radio so you don't have to lean forward in the seat??
In my normal driving mode with my seat slightly leaned back I just barely have to stretch to get 5th, barely.:beer:

jjksutton

Rookie for Life
Established Member
In 3rd and 5th my handle keeps the shifter knob at least six inches from the radio. The only way you could hit it would be if you were shifting with your feet. No lean required.

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
Sweet that is my # 1 complaint about the Mustang, that dam shifter sitting right on top of the radio. I like to lean back a bit and not sit with the steering wheel in my chest. Ya know F-body style lean! :D I was hoping the aftermarket can help and I see they have.

Users who are viewing this thread