Mgw or Barton

STACKZ89

Established Member
What's up fellas, I'm looking for a new shifter... I really like the stock feel but that 1-2 grind is killing me..! Which shifter will give me more of a stock feel without being to notchy and get rid of that hideous 1-2 grind?

slowbra1

Established Member
What's up fellas, I'm looking for a new shifter... I really like the stock feel but that 1-2 grind is killing me..! Which shifter will give me more of a stock feel without being to notchy and get rid of that hideous 1-2 grind?

MGW2 is without a doubt better. You can't get a better shifter IMHO.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I completed the MGW2 install this weekend, to say it changes the car is an understatement! It makes the car fun all over again. WOT shifting 1-2-3 without an issue! This is the way the car should of come from Ford!

RBB

Established Member
MGW2 all the way. I've got a buddy with a Barton in his 13, and while it's an improvement over stock, it doesn't compare to the MGW.

94CobraPace

Established Member
MGW 2. I removed Barton for the MGW 2, glad I did. Much better. Nothing wrong with the Barton, improvement over stock. Still had the 1-2 grind with Barton. No more with the MGW 2.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I would of certainly recommend the MGW, but what do you like about the stock one? IMO, the stock GT500 shifter is one of the worst Ford has produced.

STACKZ89

Established Member
I would of certainly recommend the MGW, but what do you like about the stock one? IMO, the stock GT500 shifter is one of the worst Ford has produced.

I just don't want another notchy shifter after my tri ax in my terminator.. How is the mgw as far as notchy?

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I am awaiting a MGW Gen2 to be delivered. Way too many positive reports to ignore.

Inittowinit

Established Member
MGW for sure. No experience with a Barton but the MGW changes the whole driving experience. It is much stiffer than stock, but I wouldn't say it's notchy

BradleyMac

Established Member
I'm debating between the new Barton Hybrid and the MGW for my 2017 Mustang GT. After watching all the spec/install videos, the new Barton looks pretty darn impressive and solid. Anyone with any experience with the new Barton Hybrid?

Snoopy49

Established Member
I'm debating between the new Barton Hybrid and the MGW for my 2017 Mustang GT. After watching all the spec/install videos, the new Barton looks pretty darn impressive and solid. Anyone with any experience with the new Barton Hybrid?

Barton doesn't make a Hybrid for the GT500's. You would probably have better luck in the 2015+ S550 Mustangs section.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The MGW Gen2 2 is a rock solid shifter and does not feel notchy yet it does have a heavy solid play free feel. Very precise and the 1-2 should be fine. We actually relaxed the throw setting close to the 07-09 cars to put LESS stress on the 2nd gear synchro.

George

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I actually love the stock shifter in my car. It's crisp and feels decently short. Haven't really considered changing it as I never miss a gear and can shit pretty damn quick.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I actually love the stock shifter in my car. It's crisp and feels decently short. Haven't really considered changing it as I never miss a gear and can shit pretty damn quick.

Sure thats the stock shifter in there?

Users who are viewing this thread