• Steeda Tri-Ax

Votes: 31 18.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
MGW hands down, I had the ripper and the TRI-ax. the orange handle MGW is awesome , can you say no more missing gears.....

BoneCrusher

Established Member
I have had both and I gotta tell you the far better mod is replacing the stock tranny fluid with some GM synchromesh. I'd give a slight edge to the MGW over the Tri-Ax.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
Well not that's it's the same but... I had a Pro.50 on my 94 Gt and it was ok but my MGW ... well let's just say if for some reason I ever get another snake.. or mustang period that would be the first thing I got.

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
It sounds like MGW has the market. Let me say however, I have put more than a thousand Open track miles on the snake without a missed shift. Tri-Ax.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I've owned both and like both as well! The MGW nudges it out just a bit in performance IMO. One thing I've noticed with hardcore drag racing guys they tend to switch back to a Pro 5.0 or Steeda Tri-Ax for powershifting. Some just can't seem to get it done with the MGW.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I had a TriAx in the car when I got it, its nice, but not as smooth as the MGW which is what I wanted for a daily driver... Didn't want to wrestle the shifter daily, it just goes right in gear and doesn't rattle like the Steeda.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
I have had all three of the majors, Pro5.0, Steeda Tri-Ax , and new MGW, and the MGW is the far superior unit and it is about the same price as the others. I love it!

BoneCrusher

Established Member
shelpdoggSVT said:
My bud is looking for a MGW for his 03 Cobra.....where did you guys get yours?? Any good deals?

Thanks

dogg

I have one that was on my car for a week, it is basically brand new. I'm selling it for $160 shipped, PM me if your interested. :beer:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
I tried the Tri Ax, MGW, Pro 5.0 handle, and came to the conclusion that I'm in the small minority that actually prefers the stock shifter. Threw the stocker back in and love it.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I've had both and my opinion is that the MGW is an all around better unit. It feels much more solid in the shifts and I think has better spring tensions. The way the handle attaches makes it feel much more natural and is infinitely adjustable.

BOOSTER03

Established Member
Just installed the Mgw this morning....christmas gift. Needless to say, over the stocker it kicks ass. More positive shift, makes you feel more in control, you will not miss third with this shifter and the wife even liked it. Its fully adjustable which makes it even better. I like it a lot the only comparable shifter would be the roush shifter in my neighbors stage 3.

Users who are viewing this thread