Mgw shifter for gt500 just about done!!!! Need some input!

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
hey guys,

i am just about finished with our short throw shifter for the GT500 ...i am making it fit the 2007-2009 for now but after tlaking with ford at VIR last month i htink it will work with the 2010 and 2011 also...ill know for sure in a few weeks.,

ill post pics next week when all the stuff is plated but i have to tell you guys this thing is KICKASS!!!

fully adjustable throw from 15-45 percent reduction

comes actually with a custom billet dust boot plate to replace the factory piece and really keeps the heat out of the console.

my question is , as you guys already probably know about me i dont cut corners and am regularly guilty of over engineering stuff :thumbsup: so this thing is not gonna be cheap...

im thinking pricing will be in the 325-350 range. is this gonna be ok for you guys??

let me know your thoughts...

regards
george

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've seen this thing in person and I can say I'd be willing to pay $450 for it. It's just that good. At $350 you will own the GT500 shifter market.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I have one on my GT, I'd pay $3 for one for a GT500..

I kidd... its a great piece. That range sounds reasonable to me, maybe a one week intro price of $295 (?)

bpmurr

Established Member
The 2010 shifter is a pretty damn good unit. I'd be interested to see what kind of improvement the MGW has over it. I loved my MGW shifter in my 05 GT. $350 is certainly a fair price for the quality of the unit.

Last edited:

jimh

Established Member
I had one on my terminator and loved it. I'd be in for one, just let me know when it's done.

Last edited:

XtremeS10

Established Member
Damn it ever since I put my pro 5.0 in I've had a few issues with it... sounds like a good price for a top notch setup!

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
I'll be selling my pro 5.0 now! I love the MGW pieces and have had one on every mustang I have owned! I will test fit it on my 2010 and the only issue I see is wether someone has figured out the shifter boot and handle issue on the 2010 yet. But as far as price $300 sounds fair

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
There was no better shifter on the market for the Terminators which is why I had one in both of mine. I've been on the fence about buying a Shelby shifter to fit into my 2010, but decided not to in hopes that MGW would come out with one soon. I guess my prayers have been answered.

George if you need a test car for the 2010 set up, I'm your man! PM me if you need any measurements or anything like that too.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
X2 on the 2010 test cars, I'm in FL and like road trips, GAs not too far :cheers: PM me if interested! lol

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more when it's ready!

XtremeS10

Established Member
what issues did you have with the pro50?

Had to be ground to fit with my DS loop, its very hard to get it into gear a lot of times it feels like its binding, and its been smacking off the gears especially going from 1st to reverse, this is post TSB as well with a spec st trim clutch

Users who are viewing this thread