MGW Shifter upgrade

wesk1318

Recently purchased a 2012 GT500 with the 2.9 whipple kit and noticed with the stock shifter it is difficult to find 1st and I tend to miss 2nd when on the throttle. Been researching the MGW shifter upgrade and watched the youtube video explaining the difference from the factory shifter. Looks like the main complaint with the factory is the amount of play while in gear (which I have not noticed).

Anyone have any experience with this upgrade in their GT500? Always been a Hurst man myself but the fit and finish on the MGW is rather impressive (almost a shame to cover it with the boot!)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
MGW Gen 2 is a hands down perfect upgrade, can't go wrong with MGW. they give a 5% discount when you mention this forum, only way to order is direct.

While upgrading, great idea to swap the factory clutch line to a Revan Racing SS unit.
Add some fresh synthetic fluid, I like Amsoil ATF.

Doing those 3 things will help 90% of the issue, the rest is practice and retraining your shifting.
Good luck.
-J

william.t.abel

Established Member
Best upgrade I done for my 12 was MGW 2. Very stiff for awhile but loosens up and it is firm but you know it's in gear and no slop.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

wesk1318

MGW Gen 2 is a hands down perfect upgrade, can't go wrong with MGW. they give a 5% discount when you mention this forum, only way to order is direct.

While upgrading, great idea to swap the factory clutch line to a Revan Racing SS unit.
Add some fresh synthetic fluid, I like Amsoil ATF.

Doing those 3 things will help 90% of the issue, the rest is practice and retraining your shifting.
Good luck.
-J

Thank you for the discount heads up!

Curious on clutch line swap. I am assuming the factory is a plastic of some kind?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Yes factory is plastic formed line. I got a Mcleod RXT and steel braided line. The line isnt formed like the factory so Ill have to figure out how to route it.

Gen 2 is literally the best shifter you can buy and easily worth 2x what they charge for it.

Users who are viewing this thread