• Red

Votes: 64 45.1%

• Total voters

03SBGT

Established Member
chuckstang said:
where did you buy this from?

Buy direct from the source. www.mgwltd.com

George was really helpful, when I was making my purchase.

I purchased both handles, and would recommend the same for those out there who are not sure which one to get.

I am only 5'9" and I use the shorter blue handle. Works great for me :D

chuckstang

Established Member
Im about that height as well. Is the reach bad at all, I hate reaching for 3rd or 5th.
Also I think if the throw is too short, it would do transmission damage because the tranny would be trying to shift faster then it is meant to. But I have no idea what Im talking about and well I think Ill give this shifter a try. :)

Big_Torch

Banned
Those saying red handle, is it just because the reach is too far, or you dont like the throw?

Being 6'8 I have no problem reaching the shifter in any position, I have the red handle and am curious if the blue is worth it.

03SBGT

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Im about that height as well. Is the reach bad at all, I hate reaching for 3rd or 5th.
Also I think if the throw is too short, it would do transmission damage because the tranny would be trying to shift faster then it is meant to. But I have no idea what Im talking about and well I think Ill give this shifter a try. :)

Putting it into third is about the limit of my reach, so it doesnt bother me, when I put it into 5th, I do have to shift my body a little bit out of the seat.

It doesnt really bother me, as im used to it. This is where the red handle would give me that little bit of extra reach if I wanted it.

I think the extra handle was only another 15 or 18 bucks. To me it was worth it, I can always switch whenever I want. :-D

03SBGT

Established Member
Big_Torch said:
Those saying red handle, is it just because the reach is too far, or you dont like the throw?

Being 6'8 I have no problem reaching the shifter in any position, I have the red handle and am curious if the blue is worth it.

Check out the website www.lgwltd.com

They have pretty good pics of both handles. The blue is just shorter than the red handle and gives the driver and shorter feeling shift. It does feel like you can bang through the gears better (cant wait to put on the MM adj quadrant and F/A)

and to the other poster, I wouldnt really call it a blue for over 6' and red for under 6' tall. Everyone has the seat in a different position and some have longer arms than others.

Im 5'9" and have the blue handle with minimal reach problems, that do not bother me.

if your that concered, I would get the red. Either way its a great shifter. I had many of the same questions before my purchase as I have read here. I just got both and dont worry about it :burnout:

tankerman1981

Established Member
Just ordered the MGW with the blue handle but I thought I read on here that he made a new shifter with the height of the blue with the comfort of the red but I could be wrong.... just can't wait to get my shifter in!!!! then i can let the fun begin!!

03' White Snake

Established Member
I'm running the silver handle. Didn't see that as an option. I also have the original shifter. Silver replaced blue handles on the original shifter.

Users who are viewing this thread