MGW shifter, yes, SHIFTER in the works

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Not to change the subject but B&M is coming out with the Pro Ripper Shifter for o3-o4's in about a month; part #45045 List price $199.22 Adjustable handle etc. Was thinking about trying but probabley will wait on the MGW now. At least get some feedback from guys who switched from pro 50's, Tri- ax, Hurst, etc. just my 2 cts

florida03

Banned
I also heard from a good source that Steeda is
coming out with a new shifter for the 03 04 Cobras thats
much more superior then the current Triax.
Should be intresting.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
I dont know if I can get rid of my tri-ax. I love that shifter. I dont think I have ever missed a gear. We will have to see.....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by dgussin1
Does this mean that the market will be flooded with tri-ax's and pro 5.0's? I will wait and hear more results before I commit to anything. Remember the "brisk plugs, 10hp" yeah, right.
I agree. We'll all heard new product claims that never quite made the cut. LOL!. Like I said, I have no doubt it will be a quality product, but will it be better all-around than the Pro 5.0, Tri-Ax, Kirban, Hurst, etc.? Let's wait and see. I certainly wouldn't rush off, sell my Pro 5.0/Tri-Ax for another shifter that will likely cost more.
;-)

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Don't worry Bob, you can still sell your gaskets for these shifters as well, you won't be losing any market base. It's just that your gasket won't be needed. ;-)

TRBO VNM

I didn't read the whoel thread, but I did talk to George about this and it sounds like it is going to be pretty damn nice. And same price range as the Pro 5.0. I am willing to give it a shot! I just have their handle on my stock shifter and love the setup, so if it doesn't work out then I can always go back to what I have now.

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
MGW is top notch in my book. They make great stuff and are great business people to deal with. I'm using the stock shifter with their handle now and will try out their shifter when it comes on the market.

MikeW

Established Member
Will MGW sale just the new base? I already use their handle. I'm gonna hold off ordering a Pro5.0 and see if MGW puts one on the market.

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by 97topless snake
Will MGW sale just the new base? I already use their handle. I'm gonna hold off ordering a Pro5.0 and see if MGW puts one on the market.

no, they said their handle will not work with the shifter. The handle was designed to aid in the aftermarket shifters and factory shifter that do not maintain the proper or desired location of the handle. Their shifter will come with a handle design that keeps the handle in the proper location.

MikeW

Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
no, they said their handle will not work with the shifter. The handle was designed to aid in the aftermarket shifters and factory shifter that do not maintain the proper or desired location of the handle. Their shifter will come with a handle design that keeps the handle in the proper location.

:??: I guess thats ok I will just get the MGW shifter and put the MGW on my dads 03 for him....

Users who are viewing this thread