mgw vs pro 5.o

mgw vs pro 5.0

• Total voters

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
The MGW is new and innovative, truly quieter, truly shorter throw and more possible adjusment than any other shifter available for T56.

PRO 50 is a good shifter but louder, and longer throw. I know, 19k miles on one.

MGW is the way my friend.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I voted Pro. 5.0 just because I have it, but I have heard nothing but good things about the MGW piece. Can't go wrong with either really. :thumbsup:

Ricks2003Cobra

Established Member
I have had them all in my car(03). I LOVE the MGW. I prefer the short throw blue hande. I have a Pro 5.0 in my 01 Cobra and really like it in the 3650 tranny. Not the same feel in the t-56. MGW is the way yo go.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
DR. WU 2000 said:
I voted Pro. 5.0 just because I have it, but I have heard nothing but good things about the MGW piece. Can't go wrong with either really. :thumbsup:
So true. Both are great shifters. Everyone has their personal preferences, otherwise one shifter would have a lock on the market.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I have a pro 5.0 and I tried the MGW and I am switching to the MGW asap.

After driving a cobra with the MGW blue handle, the Pro 5.0 shifts feel like "rowing a boat" like it takes a long time to get from one gear to the next.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
svt03corba said:
what is the diff between the red and the blue handle?

Blue is a little shorter and the red is a little longer. Blue is used more for racing and the red is more for daily driving. its whatever you like though.

TRBO VNM

I would sy design wise, MGW. But everyone has a different preference as far as what works best for them.

RJCobra

Established Member
I had a Pro-5.0 with CobraBob's gaskets, a kona shift handle, and the handle relocation bracket. The handle position was perfect, but the MGW is still a little better in terms of smoothness and ease of shifting. Getting even easier now that the weather is getting warmer again. To me they were both about as quiet as stock, except the MGW on my car is a lot louder in 5th gear only. Maybe Cobrabob could make a gasket for the MGW handle design.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The new MGW shifter handle design can't really allow the use of a handle gasket due to its design. Most shifter handles attach to a rectangular plate on the shifter, where a gasket can be easily added without losing shifter feel. As you know, the stock shifter uses a very think insulator/gasket. With the MGW design their shifter slips over the round shifter bar and has to clamp onto the metal to keep it from moving. I think shifter feel would be compromised as well. JMO. Nice thought, though.

Last edited:

04Screamer

Established Member
MGW all the way!! I just made the switch from a Pro 5.0 a few days ago and couldn't be happier. :thumbsup:

RossSVT

Established Member
I've had the pro 50 as the first upgrade in the car. While it is a quality piece, it was much louder than stock. I also uses the MGW handle and Bob's gaskets.

I switched to the MGW about 500 miles ago. Not sorry at all. Much quieter and more stock like in sound. The throw is percise and short. I could not be happier.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
RiffRaff04 said:
you guys are gonna make me wanna ditch my Steeda!
I did and couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, the Tri-Ax with MGW handle was still better than stock (although noisier), but the MGW is better and quieter too. Win Win.

Users who are viewing this thread