Michelin PS4 FYI

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Michelin just told me more sizes are scheduled to launch in July. 295 35 20 and 275 40 19 included.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I have issues with the MPSS but likes many of the qualities. If the y have them in July I'll give these a shot.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have issues with the MPSS but likes many of the qualities. If the y have them in July I'll give these a shot.

What issues do you have with the super sports?

I adore that tire and can't wait to get a good test of the PS4.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I've had 2 sets of MPSS, had bad death wobble on first set, minor on second set. Im giving the P4S one shot. Hopefully this issue is history.

Blown 89

Established Member
FYI from experience, I wouldn't believe a word Michelin says about production times.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Well they have thru July, I burn through a lot of tires so it would be to there advantage to have them available.

Jefe

Established Member
I asked them last week and they said 2018 on the 295/35/20

I have the 285/35 PS4S now on the Hellcat. Love them! Way better than the Pirellis

So if I get them down below 3/32s tread in the first year, they replace them?

Blown 89

Established Member
Well they have thru July, I burn through a lot of tires so it would be to there advantage to have them available.

Good luck with that. I must have called 30 times and each time Michelin told me they were being produce on a certain date only to find out that I was fed a line that wasn't true. It took me almost a year to get tires for the V and I had to put in a TON of legwork to even make that happen. Michelin makes some good stuff but they can seriously go **** themselves IMO.

fmylife

Established Member

I have the 285/35 PS4S now on the Hellcat. Love them! Way better than the Pirellis

I've got the Potenza RE-71R 285-35-20 on my GT500 and love them so far. Have you tried these prior to the PS4S?

CLN 6R

Established Member
I've been wanting to buy a set of these for my SS. Can't find too many reviews out there for them, but the few I've seen were positive.

Jefe

Established Member
I've got the Potenza RE-71R 285-35-20 on my GT500 and love them so far. Have you tried these prior to the PS4S?
No I had the stock Pirellis on before that. Great for road courses but horrible for hooking up under 50mph

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

What kind of traction are you getting with those?

What is your rwhp level and what kind of traction are you getting?

openaccount

Established Member

What is your rwhp level and what kind of traction are you getting?

RE71s are going to give you the best traction. Period. They are a 200tw labeled R-comp tire that work when cold.

MPS4 will last longer and be better in deep water, but won't be on the same page for grip.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
RE71s are going to give you the best traction. Period. They are a 200tw labeled R-comp tire that work when cold.

MPS4 will last longer and be better in deep water, but won't be on the same page for grip.

FYI. TW doesnt mean anything when cross shoping manufacturers. There is also more to a tire than compound.

What have you had them on and what are your power levels? Also what kind of traction were you getting ?

openaccount

Established Member
FYI. TW doesnt mean anything when cross shoping manufacturers. There is also more to a tire than compound.

What have you had them on and what are your power levels? Also what kind of traction were you getting ?

Fully aware of the tw BS. C5Z. Street class in Scca national competition(hence 200tw) , stock power.

Not sure how you want traction measured? 2.0x 60fts on unprepped surfaces for prosolos.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Z0y

C5Z. Street class in Scca national competition , stock power.

Not sure how you want traction measured? 2.0x 60fts on unprepped surfaces for prosolos.

No wonder.

I appreciate the insigh.... but I want feedback from the ones with 600rwhp+ cars and 20x9-9.5" wheels...

When i ask "what traction are you getting?" I am referring to what speed are you able to go full throttle on and hold the power w/o spinning.

Jefe

Established Member
They spin in 1st but hook in 2nd on launches. A 35mph punch will spin just a bit and then hook. The Pirellis spun at 50mph. Im very happy with them. They were incredible at the track, the hotter they got the better they performed: https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...inghikinghelicoptering.1136447/#post-15565420

I was running a fairly quick lap time and the tires barely made any noise. I boiled the power steering fluid every session too. Next track day Ill push them even harder

openaccount

Established Member
No wonder.

I appreciate the insigh.... but I want feedback from the ones with 600rwhp+ cars and 20x9-9.5" wheels...

When i ask "what traction are you getting?" I am referring to what speed are you able to go full throttle on and hold the power w/o spinning.

Short of high rpm drops, it doesn't. Plenty of CAM and Optima cars use them and RivalS with no issues either. Rivals don't get bigger than 18s so RE71s it is. The next step from here is Hoosiers.

Not sure what else you want. Short of a warm slick or DR nothing is going to grip better. They also will drive through rain, and have more lateral grip than anything for the street and again they will do this cold.

With 20s If you care about longevity get the MPS4. If you want the best grip possible you buy the RE71. There is really nothing else to discuss.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread