Michelin PSS on Boss 302 Laguna Seca..

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
What width is the stock rear LS wheel? I have a 305/30 nitto nt05 on a 10.5 width rim and it's a great fit. I think michelins run wider than nittos in a given width though.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
If it helps any I couldn't mount 305/30/19 nitto invos on my stock boss rears. And that's after I've been told over and over again 305's will fit 9.5 rims

dsp

Established Member
Stock LS rear wheels are 10". The Michelin PSS 305/30-19 say they want a 10.5" to 11.5" wheel.

Jabooh1

Established Member
With that short of a sidewall I doubt it. Even if someone could the tire would bulge over the rim and would flex in corners. I have 305/30 on my 11" rims and it's about flush with the rim edge.

straightliner1

Established Member
I have a PSS 295/35 on a 10" wide Laguna Seca wheel. I personally think it fits perfectly. Not sure how the extra 10MM would look or fit.

guarnibl

Established Member
It will work fine, run 305 PSS and Continental slicks on 10" wheels with excellent results.
Steve

He's outside of the Michelin recommended wheel range for that tire size however. Though, I think worst case you would just have some bulge and be wasting your money (about $40) over a 295. I think in reality though you could get away with it just fine, especially if you're planning on getting wider wheels in the rear.

Last edited:

guarnibl

Established Member
Sounds like 295 is the way to go with the LS wheel..

I personally wouldn't go larger than a 295 -- you're not gaining anything. With that said, if I had an LS and wanted to keep factory wheels, I would run a 295 out back and a 275 up front. These are the largest width tires that you can run and continue to gain benefit from the additional contact patch.

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
I personally wouldn't go larger than a 295 -- you're not gaining anything. With that said, if I had an LS and wanted to keep factory wheels, I would run a 295 out back and a 275 up front. These are the largest width tires that you can run and continue to gain benefit from the additional contact patch.

I'll try this combo out on Sebring and report back.

Tyler72

Established Member
I'm running the PSS on my Laguna Seca as well. I thought about doing the 295 rear and a 265 front, but I ended up just doing the stock tire size front and rear. I have dedicated track tires and wheels though so these are just for street use. I will say though that on the street I like these way better than the factory P Zero Corsas. The factory tires were fine in corners but couldn't put any power down without causing major wheel hop. With the PSS tires, she just goes when I nail it and to me there is no lost corner carving performance either. I am very happy with them. The only negative thing I could say is that they are more noisy than the pirellis were but its not too bad.

sami9382

Established Member
If seen 305 nt555r on a 9.5. But most nittos are thinner than advertised so that's probably why

guarnibl

Established Member
If seen 305 nt555r on a 9.5. But most nittos are thinner than advertised so that's probably why

18's can run slightly different tire sizes than 19's typically. In this case a NT555R (in 305/45R18) is designed for a minimum of a 18x9.5 wheel.

That said, correlation isn't always causation, and a NT555R isn't made for 19" wheels. A 305 in this tire on an 18x9.5 is a perfectly valid fit, and is -as- advertised.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread