Mickey Thompson ET Street Vs. ET Drag

wizdawg

aka... Brian
Established Member
I’m getting a set of Diamond 16x10 steel wheels to mount some drag tires on for the couple trips I make to the track each year. Seems most suggest to me using a 26x11.5x16 ET Street, but if I’m going to dedicate these to the track only, why not just go with the ET Drag? Do I increase my chances of breaking parts on my car with the ET Drags?

If this makes a difference, car is your basic ported and pullied cobra. Stock clutch and suspension. Full length subframe connectors and IRS brace. Will be running stock wheels/tires on the front.

moot09

Established Member
Id go ahead and get the slicks. As long as its a soft side-wall tire youll be ok.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Your car doesn't make enough power to require slicks.

:??: :nonono: :bored:

But if a slick is cheaper, does it really matter?

ET Drags will deliver better times. I personally run the ET Streets because I have to drive to the track. :beer:

If not driving to, or changing wheels at the track is pheasible for you, then Drags are the way to go.

wizdawg

aka... Brian
Established Member
Do the ET Drags come in a 26x11.5 like the ET Street does. I dont see it on their website.

Noodles,
I went ahead and ordered the Diamond 16x10s. Also had the 15x4.5s on order, but called back and canceled after I got worried that they may stick out too far. Do you have the Diamond fronts still on your car? Would you make taking some measurements for me?

Im either going to eventually order the Diamond fronts or maybe even run the 17s spare tire wheel with front runner tire.

Thanks!

purdueranger

Established Member
the width measurement of a ET Street is different than a ET Drag. My old 28x10.50 ET Drags tread width were as wide as my 26x11.50 ET Street.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
the slicks will hook better and last longer. track only IMHO go ET Drag

wizdawg

aka... Brian
Established Member
I know the 26x11.5x16 will mount right up on the Diamond wheels with no clearance issues. What 26" slick would be available that will fit the 16x10 Diamond wheel and also have no clearance or rubbing issues? Am I just missing the Mickey Thompson or do they not have one?

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
I have a set of 26 x 12.5 x 16's Race Masters that I run at the track. I am stepping up to a taller 28" If you are interested in them I will let them go for 1/2 what a new pair would cost you. Maybe 15 passes on them. Cut a bet of 1.51 60' with IRS w these slicks. PM me if youre interested.

Users who are viewing this thread