Microfiber Towels

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
What do you guys recommend? For details, wipe downs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the Rag Company 16 x 24 Eagle Edgeless Blue Professional towels from Amazon. Best I have found for spray detailers and wax removal.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I like Adams microfibers but they are expensive. For more every-day towels I go with Rag Company Eagle Edgeless -- great pricing and a solid towel.

Be sure to test your towels but dragging them across the palm of your hand. If you feel it stick, it's a low quality towel.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Any of the 'better' quality MF towels available at local retailers like AutoZone or WalMart or Home Depot?????

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Any of the 'better' quality MF towels available at local retailers like AutoZone or WalMart or Home Depot?????

Doubt been browsing amazon myself thinking of the rag company. Still need to look at the Griots stuff.

KEVINS

Established Member
Chemical Guys 16"x16" from Amazon for wiping down between/after polishing.

ks

Recon

Established Member
Get mine at O’Reilly’s, they do pretty good but don’t last as long as I like. Although I put them through a lot cleaning the cars with a waterless cleaning process.

Pick your poison.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Do not use a cheep towel on that Kona paint, it will scratch it. I have never seen a good quality towel at the box stores.
Griots has good towels as well as Adams but both are expensive.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Rag Company = Adam's (Edgeless) (Rag company made them for Adam's at one point)

I've probably go about 30-40 orange 16"x 16" edgeless from Rag Company.

Great microfibers for sure. I am currently looking for a really good quality glass microfiber as the rag company ones I buy (suede) tend to leave streaks. Plus, I may be switching back to all Adam's products, specifically the Glass cleaner (currently use CG)

Rag company also has giveaways, they ship pretty much same day and offer free shipping under $100. You'll also usually get a couple of free rags with your orders too.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Do not use a cheep towel on that Kona paint, it will scratch it. I have never seen a good quality towel at the box stores.
Griots has good towels as well as Adams but both are expensive.

Haha, yeah man, I hear ya. I am totally appreciating the time you must have spent buffing it out! It sparkles in the sun. :)

Potro-5XR

Established Member
What do you guys recommend? For details, wipe downs?

I use the Rag Company or Auto Geeks (indigo Microfiber towels) you should watch Matt Moreman's videos (obsessed Garage) on youtube, he has a bunch of videos on detailing cars and all the products he uses.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Griots garage pfm

/thread

If you consider Griot's a thread ender, I question your overall knowledge of car detailing as EVERYTHING Griot's has is rebranded from a true manufacturer. They prob buy their mf towels from China as many others do and resell at a profit. South Korean mf are the better route and much higher quality.

I recommend pakshak.com and theragcompany both. Pakshak used to have a super fine final buff towel that was softer than most bath towels. They lost their supplier and that one bit the dust a few years ago. I hoarded a few and guard them like my first born. (See my older posts for reviews of pakshak products). They do still have these detailing towels called Silver Surfers and the are kickass:

MICROPAK 16" x 16" "Silver Surfer" Ultra-Plush Micro Fiber Towel

I do like the Edgeless from ragcompany but the Surfers are a step up. The Pluffles from ragcompany are a great waffle weave and paired with a leaf blower, no more water spots! They are also a great detail towel.

I've been away from svtp for awhile as I sold my last terminator in 2016 but if anyone needs anything pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread