Mid-Engine Corvette C8 Z06 Rumored With 800 Horsepower, 700 Pound-Feet

cam346

Established Member
According to a new report from Automobile, the upcoming Corvette C8 Z06 – the next step in the Corvette model hierarchy – will use a twin-turbo V8 making 800 horsepower (597 kW) and a torque figure “approaching or even surpassing” an afflictions 700 pound-feet (949 Nm). The publication states that the beastly Z06 is slated to be out in about two years’ time.

c8_front_black_post_1500742cbbb44c066d8ca33395fb10ca5898cb49.jpg

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
According to a new report from Automobile, the upcoming Corvette C8 Z06 – the next step in the Corvette model hierarchy – will use a twin-turbo V8 making 800 horsepower (597 kW) and a torque figure “approaching or even surpassing” an afflictions 700 pound-feet (949 Nm). The publication states that the beastly Z06 is slated to be out in about two years’ time.

View attachment 1595421
We’ll see. That is a lot of juice!

Z06

Established Member
It's been rumored for a long time that there is a 4.4 and 5.5 TT on the horizon. It was in a leak document but it was removed. I'll have to check if I saved it.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
It's been rumored for a long time that there is a 4.4 and 5.5 TT on the horizon. It was in a leak document but it was removed. I'll have to check if I saved it.

Probably the engines that had twisted the chassis in testing. I think it was rumored at 900hp.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member

Jalopnik did a story on them. Even had a few CFD diagrams showing the piping and such.

Here is one of them in CAD.

https://jalopnik.com/even-more-leaked-mid-engine-corvette-cad-images-show-ne-1821585349

There was an older article showing them with CFD going through the rear of the cooling passages of the car. Can’t find it right now but will check again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IA Shelby

Established Member
It would be interesting to see what buyers they are targeting outside the corvette market today and how successful will they be at winning them over.

I like the fact that an American car will now compete with the world hyper cars. Way to go GM.

Z06

Established Member

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
That's it right there!

They had more but I think GMs lawyer made them take it down. There is one with the nose and 3/4 view showing the engine mounted with airflow patterns through the body. Was definitely a CFD model.
Don’t know what happened to them though.

Z06

Established Member
They had more but I think GMs lawyer made them take it down. There is one with the nose and 3/4 view showing the engine mounted with airflow patterns through the body. Was definitely a CFD model.
Don’t know what happened to them though.

I think I got a few more, I can’t post them as it says it too large for server. Do you mind uploading of I send you them?

Users who are viewing this thread