might be loseing my mind...

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
just getting an idea on if it is even possible to do. i was wondering if there was someone that would like to trade there relatively stock truck for mine and we take over each others payments and they give a little cash also(i owe $24,100 as of my last payment i made on the 10th of january, i pay $518 a month right now at 3.1%). would it even be possible to switch payments between people through the banks? maybe its the weather but ive been craveing a new car. something that i cant mod and it would make me happy being relatively stock while getting good gas mileage and more practical for my wallet and only haveing one car. my truck still has some work before its finished as far as apperance. pieces still need to get some paint on them, my front bumper needs repainted, the truck needs wetsanded and buffed out from the paint work summer of 2005. ive got alot of stuff done to it. built motor from JLP done december 2004 with roughly 17,000 miles on it, stage 2 cams, ported heads, cp pistons, manley h-beam rods, ported plenum, Kenne bell with roughly 800 miles on it(also have an eaton to go with the truck with roughly 35,000 miles on it), 60# injectors, walbro 255 pumps, bassani high flow mids, bassani catback, lakewood traction bars, adjustable sway bar end links, ARE hard tonoue cover, billet flow 100mm idlers, brand new fog lights, new alt., bed rug(needs the velcro), battery relocation box for the bed(not installed yet), FTVB, B&M tranny pan, aux tranny cooler, oil seperator(bottle needs replaced, its cracked), REM power tube with 14" cone, JLP maf x-tender, SFP HQ adjustable fuel pressure regulator, autometer boost guage, billet gas door, 2 pod a-pillar, predator with power plug and computer cable with rwtd tune, set of hoosier slicks on AR baja 16X10 rims, set of 16X8 rims from discount tire i use in the winter so the are corroated with tires on them(good for track fronts), stock 03 rims, belltech drop springs, eibach hanger kit on rear, drive shaft safety loop, accufab throtle body, street scene smooth wiper cowl, roll pan, rear side steps, cal-vu mirrors, the pearl blue over oxford white paint job(that needs finished to be 100% complete), rotor pros drilled and sloted brakes all the way around with hawk hps pads. i have the stock suspension parts in my dads garage in michigan(springs, rear hangers and sway bar end links). i have the stock drivers side a-pillar. my seats have a rip on the back in the same spot from my old system behind the seat(i would switch seats if yours are in better condition or even just the covers, would be up to you if it bothers you). i dont have the stock rear bumper or the stock steps for the rear, but do have the front side steps). i have an extra set of Lightning badges still in the plastic from ford i was gonna ascetone and put on once it warms up outside. i dont have the antenna plastic piece or the antenna, but do have the hook up in the fender. i have the stock fuel door, but needs painted to match the truck. i have the stereo box from the system if you wanted to put it back in the truck at all, never wanted to ship it to a buyer cause of the size and weight so i kept it. keep in mind the truck has been my daily driver since i bought it in july 2004 in virginia beach. it has seen two chicago winters so the underside needs some clean up if your a neat freak on that.

your probably wodering on what kinda car i would trade in a Lighting for. ive been looking at Audi. would either get an S4 or a TT Quattro. theres just something about AWD turbos wrapped in luxary i like. but first i gotta know if there is even anyone that would even want to do this. i just recently though about all this this past week, and my dad had some words for me(i was supposed to be home in michigan visiting this past week but ive been working on my fuel regulator problem, havent been home to see my mom in over a year now.. damn military).

i also thought about demooding and just trying to trade in the truck but i dont think they would give me anywhere near the $24,000 that i have left on the truck.

sorry for sounding crazy but my driving record and bank account want to take a rest for a little bit and so do i.

Last edited:

Andrew@

This is Paradise!!
Established Member
holy crap 518!!!!!!!!!!!!

i pay 345 ! :rockon:

if u demod it i call first dibs on the KB! :burnout:

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
i pay $491. but a 4 year loan. anyways, dont get the TT. they are totat chick cars, IMO. the S4 is pretty sweet, but they now put V8's in them. the older ones were bi-turbo, not too bad in speed but my friends m3 mops 'em pretty good.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
simshahh said:
i pay $491. but a 4 year loan. anyways, dont get the TT. they are totat chick cars, IMO. the S4 is pretty sweet, but they now put V8's in them. the older ones were bi-turbo, not too bad in speed but my friends m3 mops 'em pretty good.
yea im not looking for a race car. in 2004 the S4 went to a 4.2L v8, the older ones are 2.7L bi turbos. the older TTs are 1.8L 225hp. the newer ones are 3.5L 250hp

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I think you just need to go out and have some fun, get your mind off your L for a while and then see how you feel. Any turbo, much less a twin turbo car is going to be a maintenance issue at some point. I think you're just blue (no pun intended) that it's been broke for a week, once you get back in it all will be better.

Oh and yes you lost your mind a little, he he. J/K man.

b4thunder04

ugetu12
Established Member
Depending on the mileage you are just about break even with retail if you sold it to someone. Don't know how many miles you have on it. Also I think that you are going to be higher than that on an Audi, S-4 are a little higher than you truck retail for, they are about 29,000 for a 2003 with 50K on it. But it is your decision. Good luck with your decision.

SVT99RED

Established Member
wow 500 payment i only pay 250 but mine is a 99 with 40,000 miles...maybe i can talk my wife in to trading her car for your truck so we both can have L's... would you be intrested in a 2004.5 s40 2.5 turbo?? makes like 220 hp and 2?? tq... we just bought it about a year and a half ago for 32grand payment is 480 at 3.9... I dont know if my wife will go for it but i can dream cant i??

bready

Established Member
rs4 wagon FTW

36-2.jpg

TriPodRacing

U MAD?
Established Member
Halflife on F150 sold his L for a new S4. With in three months he had the S4 lemon lawed. Then he went out and bought another L.

I like the older S4 with the Bi Turbo V6. :coolman:

Last edited:

scv8

Sideways SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey Pearl,

You're not losing your mind. Everybody needs some change.

A few things to consider from an old Audi guy. They ARE awesome no doubt, but be aware of the price of parts and the time/labor charges. It's not so much whether you can afford to buy them; it's whether you can afford to maintain them. Some of the servicing requires EXPENSIVE specific tools that will keep you from doing the labor yourself.

They are a lot more refined and capable than the L, but not as much fun. AWD sort of gets old after a while. No throttle oversteer, no burnouts, you get the idea. Also check out the original S4 with its 20v 5 cylinder that is bullet proof, and can take big boost. Here's a really good forum:

http://www.audiworld.com/

If the account needs a break, don't overlook a GTI over an Audi. Good luck bro :coolman:

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
GTi's are very sweet cars. My cousin has an 02 VR6 GTi with the R32 18's and lowered down with coilovers. He also put a turbo setup on it, and it is a very quick car. Fun as hell to drive.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
PearlBlue L said:

There was one of those cars today at the track....It was the RS4 package??What ever that is..The car was fast..I mean real fast.Handled like it was on rails.I was riding shot gun in a cobra and we barley got past him..The cobra had mucho money in the suspension also..On a side note a viper hit the wall today...Major damage...

Last edited:

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
brucewrs said:
There was one of those cars today at the track....It was the RS4 package??What ever that is..The car was fast..I mean real fast.Handled like it was on rails.I was riding shot gun in a cobra and we barley got past him..The cobra had mucho money in the suspension also..On a side note a viper hit the wall today...Major damage...
the RS4 is very nice

Users who are viewing this thread