Mileage on ET street radial

5.0GT

Established Member
What kind of mileage are you guys getting from these tires. I'm thinking of the 305/35/20 ET street II but I think it's the same compound on what everyone is running on their 15 and 17" set. I need something for a roll racing event from 60MPH~ and it has to be DOT approved, and maybe something that will last a while.

My other option is NT555r

Torchy

Established Member
You pretty much only have 3 options within 20 inch.

305/35 555R
315/35 NT05R
305/35 ET Street II

The Mickey is by far stickier than both nitto options but imo will last about 55-70% the life either Nitto. According to Nitto the NT05R is supposed to be a tad stickier and last a hair less than the 555R. You pretty much just make a decision from there.

FWIW I make 630whp on 8psi and will always hook from a 60 roll unless I am on some crazy slick street or highway (yes I have spun at 60 but it was a bad grooved slick surface)

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
You pretty much only have 3 options within 20 inch.

305/35 555R
315/35 NT05R
305/35 ET Street II

The Mickey is by far stickier than both nitto options but imo will last about 55-70% the life either Nitto. According to Nitto the NT05R is supposed to be a tad stickier and last a hair less than the 555R. You pretty much just make a decision from there.

FWIW I make 630whp on 8psi and will always hook from a 60 roll unless I am on some crazy slick street or highway (yes I have spun at 60 but it was a bad grooved slick surface)

60 roll? That's lame. I'd want to hook up no less then 30mph. As long as it's controllable wheel spin and not just a smoke show

5.0GT

Established Member
I got about 12k out of mine on my Gto.

That's pretty good really, I was thinking it will last for around 6k.

60 roll? That's lame. I'd want to hook up no less then 30mph. As long as it's controllable wheel spin and not just a smoke show

Well, when the car making quad digits 30mph on a DOT tire is not quite possible. I'll be running in TX2K, they start from 60mph as far as I know. The car is being tuned right now and will not make less than 950, only restriction will be the turbine limiting the boost around 16-18.

Torchy was that with the ET street? what size?
The NT05R's UTQG tread wear rating is 0 which is kind of pushing me away. Aren't those stickier than the ET street?

Torchy

Established Member
That is with the 555R's. I can say, because I've had 5 sets in my life time, that the 555R's are much better in their fist 2-4k miles than the rest of their life. That is with the 305/35-20's.

The Mickey's are def stickier than the NT05R's. I typically get about 20k miles out of the 555R's but those last 5k miles aren't that great but probably still better than a MPSS at it's best lol. Just Ray Charles that tread wear rating and go for the Mickey's. I wish I could run the Mickey's but the off set on my rims is too aggressive.

5.0GT

Established Member
That is with the 555R's. I can say, because I've had 5 sets in my life time, that the 555R's are much better in their fist 2-4k miles than the rest of their life. That is with the 305/35-20's.

The Mickey's are def stickier than the NT05R's. I typically get about 20k miles out of the 555R's but those last 5k miles aren't that great but probably still better than a MPSS at it's best lol. Just Ray Charles that tread wear rating and go for the Mickey's. I wish I could run the Mickey's but the off set on my rims is too aggressive.

I've seen pictures of the MT having less wall width than others. Im running Rivals G right now 315/35/20 and Dustin says they spin once the car starts boosting

Torchy

Established Member
I don't know, MT's site says they are 28.9 inches tall. That would mean they have about .5 inch thicker sidewall than a 555R in the same size. I'm sure those Rivals are spin city.

5.0GT

Established Member
I have a set of NT0R's 315/35/20 and they hook up pretty dang well with over 8xxrwhp on the Turbo Boss.

That's what I wanted to hear ;) Is this your first set? How's the tread holding up? Are you using them for the street or drag racing?

Justin81

Established Member
I have the M/T's and I was about ripping the front tires off the ground leaving at 5000 on a 100 shot. Driving around town, I have about zero chance of them spinning. I only have about 500 miles on them right now but you can't go wrong.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
That's what I wanted to hear ;) Is this your first set? How's the tread holding up? Are you using them for the street or drag racing?

I've only been on the street with them, did a dig and they held with me just stomping on it from idle (8lbs) I have my controller setup to hit it with full boost over a certain mph so my car can hook well on good roads and not over power my tires. I have maybe 400 hwy miles and around town miles on this pair, so far so good, and this is all on a 29psi I haven't tried 15-18psi which would hook even better. I already have another set incase I kill these quickly. On 45mph around 4,xxxrpms in second I can hit it and it sticks like Glue also. Been up to around 17x with these tires and no problems.

Last edited:

5.0GT

Established Member
I have the M/T's and I was about ripping the front tires off the ground leaving at 5000 on a 100 shot. Driving around town, I have about zero chance of them spinning. I only have about 500 miles on them right now but you can't go wrong.

That sounds great. What size and pressure?

I've only been on the street with them, did a dig and they held with me just stomping on it from idle (8lbs) I have my controller setup to hit it with full boost over a certain mph so my car can hook well on good roads and not over power my tires. I have maybe 400 hwy miles and around town miles on this pair, so far so good, and this is all on a 29psi I haven't tried 15-18psi which would hook even better. I already have another set incase I kill these quickly. On 45mph around 4,xxxrpms in second I can hit it and it sticks like Glue also. Been up to around 17x with these tires and no problems.

Oh man, now it's just down to mileage and probably will get that from the MT. But I love that NT05R tread lol it would look sick on my 20x11s. Decisions decisons

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
20" Mickey T's doing work w/ 850whp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 208

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I have about 2K miles on mine so far and amazed at how much traction they have compared to other tires I have ran.

o7HNHdL.jpg

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
The 555r's are the best street tires and will get you 15,000-20,000 miles with some track runs. Probably 25,000 if they never see the track. They won't leave you skating on the road if you get caught in the rain either. I would do the Mickeys on another set of wheels for track only if the 555r's aren't cutting it. I can hook most of the time at the track on the 555r's

5.0GT

Established Member
20" Mickey T's doing work w/ 850whp

And it's a CS :D Nice squat

I have about 2K miles on mine so far and amazed at how much traction they have compared to other tires I have ran.

o7HNHdL.jpg

How's the tread holding?

The 555r's are the best street tires and will get you 15,000-20,000 miles with some track runs. Probably 25,000 if they never see the track. They won't leave you skating on the road if you get caught in the rain either. I would do the Mickeys on another set of wheels for track only if the 555r's aren't cutting it. I can hook most of the time at the track on the 555r's

I might end up with this since I'm only gonna use it for 1/2 mile events. I'll have to drive from Phoenix to Houston for TX2k

Users who are viewing this thread