MileHiDyno GP II...SVT Gauges and SOS pods

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
ok, its been over 2 weeks since my credit card has been charged and i have not recieved a tracking number or any sort of confirmation that my order is being processed. Was my order left out or whats the deal?

Wolfhound

25th Infantry
Established Member
I think they are supposed to be done this week. I ordered mine almost 2 months ago. send 67scstang a pm and he will update you on the order status.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I received my gauges for the 2nd time around on Saturday and there’s still some issues! Has anyone else had a problem with his or her gauges? I am using an add-a-circuit on fuse #37 for illumination of both gauges (fuel psi and water temp). The first time around they weren't bright enough. I guess Speedhut wired them a different way and it didn’t work out! They were extremely difficult to view at nighttime. This time around the green contrast is too dark or still isn’t bright enough. On top of that the water temperature gauge gets moody and decided to "stick" every once in awhile at 160*. I'm just curious to find out if they're even being tested before shipment?!?! It gets a little expensive shipping gauges back and forth via express mail to receive them back in a timely fashion. I’m not bitter, just utterly concerned “why me”!!! :lol1:

What they are suppose to look like:
gaugecolors.gif

Mine on full factory dimmer:
fulldimmer.gif

Last edited:

GA Terminator

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
I received my gauges for the 2nd time around on Saturday and there’s still some issues! Has anyone else had a problem with his or her gauges? I am using an add-a-circuit on fuse #37 for illumination of both gauges (fuel psi and water temp). The first time around they weren't bright enough. I guess Speedhut wired them a different way and it didn’t work out! They were extremely difficult to view at nighttime. This time around the green contrast is too dark or still isn’t bright enough. On top of that the water temperature gauge gets moody and decided to "stick" every once in awhile at 160*. I'm just curious to find out if they're even being tested before shipment?!?! It gets a little expensive shipping gauges back and forth via express mail to receive them back in a timely fashion. I’m not bitter, just utterly concerned “why me”!!! :lol1:

I'll be honest. I have been waiting since June for my gauges, based on the wait and what I paid for four gauges, I expect them to work perfectly. Sorry you have had trouble with yours. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has had similiar problems.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am really close to dropping the hammer on this (I know GP is over). When ordering the SOS pods, does it come with two pods or one? So, for example I want two Pods (really would like to have three), so when I order I just select (1) for the quantity and it will have two slots? Or do I need to select (2) for two slots?

-Jeff

GA Terminator

Established Member
Sos Pods

It only comes in a dual pod, no single or triple. Select qty of 1 and the interior trim color and you are good to go.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Gotcha :)

If they ever make a triple pod it will be worth buying again at a later date. :beer:

GA Terminator

Established Member
Sos Pods

I bought a dual pod from them, asked about a triple or quad, they said there was not enough room on the pillar piece for a triple or quad setup. I am not an engineer, but I don't agree with that. I also got a dual pod instrument bezel and had it painted to match my interior trim. Just waiting for the gauges, ordered them on the GP back in June. Getting a little impatient.

GA Terminator

Established Member
Speed Hut Gauges

Just as a follow up, I got my gauges yerterday afternoon. It took 2 1/2 months, but I must admit they are great looking. I got a total of 4 gauges, 2 for the pillar pod from SOS and 2 for the dash bezel. I post my findings, once I get them installed.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Glad you got them, and thanks for the patience. It because of people like you, and the folks that were in the initial group purchase, that now the gauges will be available with very little wait time. There have now been enough made that it was worth their time to make the templates so that gauges should go out within about a week or so of when they are ordered..

Sorry again to all that have waited longer than they wanted too, but I think you will all see these aren't normal gauges, they are custom made and the best in the world...IMHO.

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
got mine friday

Unfortunately won't get to light them up for a while, had to start working on the solid swap when they didn't show, no big deal, I can imagine how they will look. I thought I would show what the ones I ordered look like, I didn't go for the SVT logo just to be a bit different, check'm out:

click for a close up

I'm hoping they go in without much fight, but hard or easy they are going in so I can get some pictures of them lit up in the money pit.

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
GA Terminator said:
I bought a dual pod from them, asked about a triple or quad, they said there was not enough room on the pillar piece for a triple or quad setup. I am not an engineer, but I don't agree with that.

The issue isn't the capability, it's the aesthetics. It just gets too crowded on the pillar for my taste. I *could* probably fit five pods on the pillar, but would never do it since my original design concept was for something more subtle than what was on the market.

In short, it can certainly be done but we won't sell something we wouldn't put in our own cars. :coolman:

Never say never though, I've learned...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am not going to say for sure when I will be ordering these, because everytime I have done that the shit has hit the fan here as far as available funds go. But it should be real soon. Thanks again to Scott, Paul, Joe and everyone else at Mile High.

-Jeff

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
gaugecolors.gif

so say you order direct from SpeedHut, and you specify the white face with the green glow, do you get the ultra-green(left) or the subtle green(right). also, do the green reverse glow only come in the middle color?

im going to order a different style later down the road and want them to match the stock gauges.

stallwle

Established Member
Am I reading this right? Are some of you actually running a mechanical Fuel pressure gauge “Inside” the passenger compartment? Or does the fuel pressure gauge come with an optional sending unit?

Users who are viewing this thread