• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Minimum wage set to drop in Missouri

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Fuzzy Logic, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Fuzzy Logic

Fuzzy Logic ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן Established Member

saw this, and i approve. i think there should NOT be a minimum wage, people should be paid according to how they work at their given position, and employers should be able to pay employees how much they want to. liberals think this will make it so employers make it like slave labor and pay employees $1/hr. well, if someone is being paid that -- they agreed to that salary. the beauty of this country is that i can choose not to work for that little and find another place which will pay accordingly based on experience / position. employers paying the least amount for positions will see a high turnover rate, and eventually no applicants as they are stingy. thus the market will phase out their company.

no one in life should be guaranteed a "living wage". it breeds complacency.

also, mickey d's once again got my order wrong and i cannot fathom them making $15 for all they DO NOT do.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/minimum-wage-set-to-drop-in-missouri/ar-BBDP27V?OCID=ansmsnnews11

2. DHG1078

DHG1078 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Established Member

It is just St. Louis. Not all of MO. The city is just dropping min wage to be in line with the rest of the state.

3. jbs$

jbs$ Active Member Established Member

The number of employed people will go up.

4. Famine

Famine Well-Known Member Established Member

I disagree with them doing away with the minimum wage; however, I also disagree that the wage should be at 15 bucks an hour.

CGLhawk260 likes this.