Misfire

phillipmach1

Established Member
I’m having a misfire around 5000 rpm at WOT and for like a fraction of a second and after the misfire the car goes up to 7 grand with no problem, and when I turn on the meth you can feel it harder at the same rpm. The car made 662 rwhp and 550 rwtq on 93 octane with the misfire so is pulling very strong.
What I done so far change spark plugs and coils put the car on the dyno check tune and wires from the MAF oh and no codes.
The car has, sct 3000 maf, vortech TI-trim, granatelli connectors, and stock COP.
Can someone help thank you.
Hector

4a7191a

Established Member
Or a coil going bad. I had that happen. It was around 5k as well. Got the msd's for cheap on the market new and figures why not... problem solved. :)
Boost a spark is a good option , as well as maybe get the tune checked to be safe.

phillipmach1

Established Member
Or a coil going bad. I had that happen. It was around 5k as well. Got the msd's for cheap on the market new and figures why not... problem solved. :)
Boost a spark is a good option , as well as maybe get the tune checked to be safe.
Do you have the part number for the MSD coils?

Thank you all

4a7191a

Established Member
Most people don't recommend them cause the stocks are pretty damn good coils. The part number is MSD Number 82448. That's for the set. Look around for them if interested, just a short search for the number I found a full set for $317. I paid 225 for mine, but that was years ago and used/new from m1r.

phillipmach1

Established Member
Most people don't recommend them cause the stocks are pretty damn good coils. The part number is MSD Number 82448. That's for the set. Look around for them if interested, just a short search for the number I found a full set for $317. I paid 225 for mine, but that was years ago and used/new from m1r.

This will help and thank you

Users who are viewing this thread