Miss my 2000 CobraR

Joe J

I owned the no 162 2000 Cobra R which I open tracked
IMG_20150903_180645364 [25416]2.jpg
the car all over the US. When I bought my 2013 Boss302S I decided to sell the car to a good friend in Florida. I had about 17000 track miles on the car when it was sold. My friend in Florida has cleaned up the car and put it back to stock. I sure miss the car even though I now have a 2017 Shelby GT350 which I have so much fun with. I will try and insert a picture of the 2000 Cobra R.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I remember that car and was surprised you sold it too. Looks like you had a lot of fun with it and now someone else is enjoying it.

comprepsvo

Established Member
Joe, I will never forget that weekend at Road Atlanta, I met you for the first time and you gave my youngest Son a ride on track and then me!!! I knew right then I had to have one. YOU were amazing on that wet track that day and the sound of that exhaust and engine!! Great memories Buddy, I hope you are well and look forward to seeing you again!! Ben

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
The car looks great Joe! I too think it’s cool you got to race it.

I could never part with mine. It’s my favorite car of all time. It’s just a different experience than I get with all of my other Mustangs. Every time I turn that key, I smile.

Go get another!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Gingerman, Charlotte, watkins Glen, I’ve seen this car a few times over the years. I too was surprised you sold it, but you definitely used it to it’s full potential, and then some. That car was HOT !! Lol

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Oh Dave, what a shot!

Good memories with Joe and his R. First time I met him was at a Shelby Cobra Association of Texas event at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson. Joe had just picked it up and it was the car's first event. Kevin Rogers also had his there as a first event. The beginning of a great friendship.

Tom

TFStang

Established Member
I know what it’s like to sell a 00R and then immediately have Seller’s remorse. I have been through this multiple times with this particular car as I have owned a few 00R’s over the years. It always pulls me back in. I can’t not have a 00R in the garage. There’s just something so special about this car and the feeling you get when you’re behind the wheel of this rare beauty. Go buy another before they become unobtanium. Already getting harder and harder to get.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I owned the no 162 2000 Cobra R which I open trackedView attachment 1554301 the car all over the US. When I bought my 2013 Boss302S I decided to sell the car to a good friend in Florida.

Hey Joe,
I hope the new dude in FL can drive it as well as you did.

I sold my race car, my car trailer, and my truck. I have a 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 coming my way. I plan to find it's speed limit.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was a great 2000 R, Joe. I can understand how/why you'd miss it at times. Your GT350 is the source of enjoyment now, but it's different from the 2000 R. Too bad you couldn't keep both. Well, continue to enjoy your GT350.

Users who are viewing this thread