• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Missouri...and or mysery

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Need 04 Wine, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Need 04 Wine

Need 04 Wine Meanest CDN on SVTP Established Member

Probably a long shot but going to give a shout out to a really nice guy I met.

I'm from Alberta and just recently travelled out to Kenora Ontario to go on a vacation.

While we were there our boat broke down and left us without a boat for the weekend.
    This really cool old timer from "misery", as he insisted it was called, seeked me out and insisted that I go out with him in his boat to fish that evening.

Well I'm no expert at fishing, but he took the time lent me some rigging, and bait, showed me around the lake and he actually caught 4 walleye, I didn't catch a thing.

When we got back to camp he then showed me how to dress the fish out and gave me ALL of the fillets to have for supper, also while telling me his favorite way of cooking them.

While out fishing we indelibly turned to talking about cars, I found out he has a race car(GT) and a street car(500). Both of which he has modified. We had a real nice convo about previous cars and racing..

Just wanted to say thanks again for the good faith you showed and really appreciate having met you.

Also for anybody looking to go fishing,, Gustofsons Resort at Longbow Lake in Ontario,,,Is a really good place to go they are super nice and beyond helpful people. They have cabins and boat rentals.. They also gave us a boat to go tour around the lake with for half the day,FREE, because they felt so bad about our boat breaking down.

In the end we couldn't happier to go to that place, and we plan on going back again next year.

2. 97ReoCobra

97ReoCobra Member Established Member

How cool is that. Cheers to our neighbors to the north!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  3. MysticRob

MysticRob Active Member Established Member

Nice. Talk about land of lakes areas, and greeeeen everywhere. Can't say that about CA anymore...
    He didn't make you squeal like a pig or anything did he?

4. Need 04 Wine

Need 04 Wine Meanest CDN on SVTP Established Member

LOL

Nope no squealing

that a Missouri thing?

5. Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken Active Member Established Member

The Cahulawassee River doesn't run through Missouri.

6. thomas91169

thomas91169 # of bans = 5203 Established Member

We don't need green, we have an entire ocean of blue.

7. L8APEX

L8APEX *Turbo Not to Scale Premium Member Established Member

[​IMG]

Kansas and Missouri have had a bit of a rivalry since 1859 :-D

8. black92

black92 Hot rod Lincoln Established Member

^lol

9. 2000gt4.6

2000gt4.6 Well-Known Member Established Member

Lol just a bit, including a private war during the civil war that included going Viking on an entire town in Kansas and a few counties in Missouri with every crop and barn burned to the ground

10. Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken Active Member Established Member

That Kansas vs. Missouri shit must be between western Missouri and eastern Kansas. Because in eastern Missouri we don't give a shit about Kansas. Now, the people in southern Illinois don't like people from Missouri (except our baseball team.), but that's another story. I've never been to Kansas, but my brother told me if you drive through for some reason it's easy to fall asleep at the wheel.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015