MM 4-point K brace

swami

Established Member
i finally got around to putting this on when i changed the oil and it took about a half hour using the fine instruction sheet. everything bolted up and torqued down without a hitch. it pleasantly improves tracking stability as i was expecting but, i was surprised at how much stiffer it made the car ride. i drove slowly over a washboard asphalt road and it was so loud i was afraid that everything came unbolted and was dragging the ground! this is not anything i can't live with and overall a very good bang for the buck and i would do it again without hesitation. HTH

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I have this unit as well.

There was no noteable sound increase to me. Impact harshness was barely increased and mid-corner stability was better.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
I have the brace and SFC's. If you really notice a stiffer ride, it implies that your chassis was really loose before the install. I can't say I noticed a stiffer ride, just a very minor increase in steering precision under heavy load in fast turns. There should be absolutely no increase in noise-- maybe something's rubbing? Is your car lowered? On my car, the brace does hang slightly lower than anytning else on the bottom.

04Venom

Established Member
My experience was similar to PhillyCobra. I did not notice any increase in NVH with the LCB, although I had full length SFCs on as well. I also added the MM strut tower brace and the front end feels as steady as a rock in the corners. As an added benefit, it eliminated some creaks and rattles from the dash.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Got one of these suckers too!

My car rides so low that the car wash guys hate it! It drags on everything!

I did notice a good increase in rigidity up front though. I'm glad I got it with my coil-overs.

swami

Established Member
i've looked it over several times since the install inspecting the "bling factor" and nothing is rubbing; drive your car over a washboard surface and you'll see what i'm talking about. this car did feel loose compared to my '99 GT; i assumed it was the different coil spring rates and bilsteins. i'm still debating the MM strut tower brace. matt main at MM told me i wouldn't notice any improvement in handling unless i had coilovers and most people here say it is eye candy. TIA

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I have driven down many washboard roads with the 2pt and 4pt. The 4pt had very nominal added NVH.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
04Venom said:
My experience was similar to PhillyCobra. I did not notice any increase in NVH with the LCB, although I had full length SFCs on as well. I also added the MM strut tower brace and the front end feels as steady as a rock in the corners. As an added benefit, it eliminated some creaks and rattles from the dash.

I have the MM K-memeber brace & the MM full length SBC's too. Do you think I should do the strut tower brace as well before I convert the car to a coil over system at all 4 corners? :shrug: I have this annoying little rattle that seems to come from my speedometer. I the sound only comes out on cold nights from about 2,800RPM to about 3,400RPM... :nonono: Damn it bugs the crap out of me! Thanks. :beer:

GA Terminator

Established Member
I have the MM full SFC along with the 4 point brace and I agree with the masses on this, it just seemed to tighten everything up. Ride is a little stiff but its quite.

Users who are viewing this thread