MM&FF did a low 12's run in the GT 500

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
FBMphil said:
The mags all tested the same group of cars at the same time.

MMFF, Motor Trend, Car and Driver, and whoever else, they all drove the same cars.

Considering people are running close to what the other magazines did and it took Evolution a couple mods to run basically the same times as MM&FF, you can't tell me there isn't something going on. I think it took evolution tires, gears and exhaust to run what a their shelby did on street tires.

Last edited:

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
Ryan02Stang said:
The GT500 has the best brakes ever on a production Mustang.

It needs it, it's a BIG car. I had no idea the new mustang body was that big until I parked my cobra next to one.

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
BANDIT HPT said:
It needs it, it's a BIG car. I had no idea the new mustang body was that big until I parked my cobra next to one.
Cobra is always big and bloated compared to the GT.

03 Cobras feel like an oil tanker compared to my 02 GT.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BANDIT HPT said:
Considering people are running close to what the other magazines did and it took Evolution a couple mods to run basically the same times as MM&FF, you can't tell me there isn't something going on. I think it took evolution tires, gears and exhaust to run what a their shelby did on street tires.

The Terminators were no different when they first came out either. :idea: We didn't know a lot about them and they seemed like a mystery to everyone.

Well I'm sure you know what the rest of the story is by now?

BANDIT HPT said:

When one passes you on the road course you'll understand why they completely redesigned the chassis and extended the wheelbase! ;-)

Ryan02Stang said:
Cobra is always big and bloated compared to the GT.

03 Cobras feel like an oil tanker compared to my 02 GT.

Ryan:

Please don't antagonize the Cobra owners! :nono: There are enough pissing contests going on as it is!

Captain Beyond

Established Member
FBMphil said:
The mags all tested the same group of cars at the same time.

MMFF, Motor Trend, Car and Driver, and whoever else, they all drove the same cars.

:thumbsup:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Captain Beyond said:
:rollseyes

IMHO this car is capable of running 12's stock, no problem. It just needs a driver that understands the car.

This car weighs what, 200 some odd pounds more than the Terminator. It has way more than 20 additional hp, no question. That should be a no brainer?

The drive by wire is kind of a different issue we now have to deal with. Also a new computer. So lots of new things to learn and it will take time. Be patient! How many cars are out there? Not very damn many, I'll tell you that?!?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
The Terminators were no different when they first came out either. :idea: We didn't know a lot about them and they seemed like a mystery to everyone.

Well I'm sure you know what the rest of the story is by now?

Actually I knew one of the first owners to get a 03 Cobra and ended breaking his rearend at the Bristol Bash Back in 02'. The picture of it getting pushed off the track got in a couple magazines. At the time it ran pretty good against my friends nitrous LS1. Thats what impresed me.

Now with the Shelby… I'm not bashing it but you can't tell me something ain't up when Evolution needed gears, exhaust, and slicks to run what the MM&FF car did on street tires.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
BANDIT HPT said:
wait till I get mine and I will post up the times that it's supposed to run.

oh and just an FYI it too well over 3 months for people to start turning in good times in 03-04 cobras...

deadhorse.gif

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
BANDIT HPT said:
Now with the Shelby… I'm not bashing it but you can't tell me something ain't up when Evolution needed gears, exhaust, and slicks to run what the MM&FF car did on street tires.
did it ever cross your mind that maybe they can't drive for shit?

Evan Smith can row the gears with the best of em.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I think you loseing the point. All the other magazines ran simular times but one magazine blows them out of the water with a great time? It's not a matter of what you can do to the car to get it to run fast, its what it did stock. They ran "much" better than anyone else did, and since then, stock by a good margine. It's not the first time the magazine had some questionable numbers.

The car has potential, there is no denying it. Just look at what Evolution just dynoed. The power you can make without a pulley is awesome.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Just give it some time and let people get seat time with the car. We obviously know 440rwhp in a 3900# car is good for well over 115mph trap speeds. One would have to assume it's driver error if the car isn't running that quick. The ET is based on available traction. Somebody could run 11.5 with a 115 or a 13.5.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
BANDIT HPT said:
I think you loseing the point. All the other magazines ran simular times but one magazine blows them out of the water with a great time? It's not a matter of what you can do to the car to get it to run fast, its what it did stock. They ran "much" better than anyone else did, and since then, stock by a good margine. It's not the first time the magazine had some questionable numbers.

The car has potential, there is no denying it. Just look at what Evolution just dynoed. The power you can make without a pulley is awesome.

MM&FF consistently runs the best times. It's all about the driver. :burnout:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread