MM STB with JLT??? Haven't found a clear answer.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Ok, what I am really looking for is someone that has actually tried to use the STB with the JLT full length intake. I haven't been able to find a thread that provides a definitive yes or no answer. I have a 'vert and would really like to be able to use the brace, but at the same time I already have the JLT intake and don't want to lose it.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Tucker says no and so do some people that have tried it. I'm sure if you spent some fab time you could make it work.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Tucker says no and so do some people that have tried it. I'm sure if you spent some fab time you could make it work.

I asked him and he said he didn't think so but wasn't sure, but I hadn't heard from anyone that actually tried it.

After doing some more research I don't know if it would help as much as the MM k member brace, even considering the 'verts already have a brace.

optx002

Established Member
i remember reading a post about someone who put their rubber elbow in boiling water and reformed the upper part of the elbow to fit the stb. its worth a try i guess.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
optx002 said:
i remember reading a post about someone who put their rubber elbow in boiling water and reformed the upper part of the elbow to fit the stb. its worth a try i guess.

That's an interesting idea. I can't tell from the pictures where the brace would sit exactly in relation to the rubber elbow and the plastic tube. There are three potential spots. One would be over the elbow (I would think this would be ideal because the brace could just push down on it since it's flexible), two would be over the clamp (probably the worst spot), and third would be over the plastic tube. I wonder if the plastic tube is a material that can be shaped when heated.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
the correct answer is "no it wont fit"

it hits where the big tube and the rubber elbow are clamped together.

if you dont have coil over front suspension there's no need for it anyway. the placebo effect is very powerful.

Well if it hits there, there's really no way to make it fit either.

I may need to just get a proper K member brace. Maybe that in addition to the in-floors being added to my existing MM full length SFC's will stiffen it up enough.

ArtMan

Established Member
ShelbyGuy is correct, it will not fit. When Jay was just starting out with his JLT CAIs, we tried to fit one under my Steeda STB. Jay tried to oval the pipe, but still a no go, (See images). I am going to switch to a 3 point steeda brace and modify it. Come hell or high water, I’m going to make it fit. As for needing a STB, probably not, but I can tell you I noticed an immediate difference in stability the first time I drove with it installed. I have hood pins on my car and thought it might help minimize any movement of the hood alignment.

My-Pipe-Install-1.jpg

specsill.jpg

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Well I'm going to get the STB on my car one way or another, even if I have to get a different intake.

I should have gotten a coupe, but I have to cut down on the cowl shake somehow-getting rid of the car isn't an option.

Can this thing be re-shaped somehow, if I were to want to try that route. Even if I had to kink it a little, I would. Of course at that point I should just get a different intake anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread