MMR Custom Turbo Cams, FREE SHIPPING FOR SVTP Members

oldmodman

Established Member
Love that sound! But would my 03 Cobra still pass California SMOG? I'm only an hour away from you. I'll drop by someday and ask a few questions about getting a Teksid block built up. Don't worry, I always call first.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I am building my motor right now and doing all motor work (cams, ported heads, stroker kit) but I am just getting a posi ported eaton for right now. End goal for the car is a big single or some twins, so my question to you is how would these cams affect my car in the meantime with the ported blower? I really do not want to have to change out cams in a year or so when I get funds to do turbo, so I am trying to see what these would be like on a blower car....

thanks for any info

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
They will work just fine with a blower but they will really shine once you add the turbo since they are truly dedicated Turbo cams. Please let us know how we can help!

MMR

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I got Port Work & Cams from MMR, after calling multiple times for head flow charts, and cam specs I NEVER GOT THEM. after spending 2k+ on heads/cams I think I should have at least got paper on the work I paid for. Sorry but on the next round of motor work I have to give someone local the work at least I could physical stop by there.
Our appologies, please give me you name so that I can find out which cams you have and send you a duplicate cam card, your cams however should have had the cam card in the box, if not no big deal, we would be happy to send a duplicate.

MMR

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Heh... I've called them twice for the build sheet on my shortblock. Each time I was told it was going to go out that day. It still hasn't shown up. I'm making another call today. I don't understand what is so hard about putting a piece of paper into an envelope and sending it through the mail when you say you're going to.

What is your name and I will take care of it right now, our appologies (the engine should have had the build sheet attached) :beer:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For strokers yes, for stock stroke it is suggested that the intakes be at very least checked, we like to see a min of . 040

04cobrasvt

whipple charged
Established Member
guys i have the stage 3 cams and i like them but they dont seem too do as advertised...my car is a 322 stroker with oversize valves and my car fully spools around 5k which i think is pretty late..however my car made 804rwhp on 16lbs.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Glad to hear it makes good power but even the stage 3's should spool faster than stock, what size are the Turbos and what is the air fuel ratio while they are begining to spool. It sounds like they may have been degreed wrong with too much retard, Also, have you verified the wastegates are closed as it spools?

Last edited:

04cobrasvt

whipple charged
Established Member
Glad to hear it makes good power but even the stage 3's should spool faster than stock, what size are the Turbos and what is the air fuel ratio while they are begining to spool. It sounds like they may have been degreed wrong with too much retard, Also, have you verified the wastegates are closed as it spools?

they are billet wheel 6262...not sure on afr when spooling.

shhak

Established Member
Are you guys comfortable with the "stage" cams or do you think there is still room for improvement with a set of custom cams? I recently purchased a set of custom cams and am curious as to what your stage 3's would've done. They're both about the same price...

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Are you guys comfortable with the "stage" cams or do you think there is still room for improvement with a set of custom cams? I recently purchased a set of custom cams and am curious as to what your stage 3's would've done. They're both about the same price...

That is a good question and one that needs a good answer.

Simply put we know that 1 cam does not fit all combinations, minor differences in runner length, port volume, and flow@lift #'s play a huge roll, after all, a cam that has .550 lift does nothing for a head that only flows up to .490, in fact is beats up the valvetrain and takes more power to turn (valve spring pressure being applied when it is not needed) in this case.

Our stages are a great guideline and in most cases work great when chosen correctly, if someone had their head flow #'s and runner lengths it takes us less than 48hrs to grind a cam exactly to their specs if our specs are not quite right and we will always tell you what will make the most power, best of all the price is the same.

To sum it up our stages work great for most of the combos out there, if we have more specific info from you or our customers we can take each stage and custom taylor it!

If you would like to PM us your specs we would be happy to swap some info with you and tell you if there is room for improvement or if they are way off which we see very often (companies taking s/c grinds and calling them a turbo grind).

Take care and have a great night!

Mark Luton
Owner
MMR

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
How do these cams perform with sullivan intake upper/lower combos? I have the fastlane built 4.6 57mm 2 in 2 out intercooled sullivan that seth built a few years ago; some youtube videos show the engine in greater detail. At any rate, I'm curious if i could see 80-100whp with heavy head/spring work and custom cams (the 48hr grinds you referred to). Also, I currently see 15psi@3600 rpm, how would my spool change? -100 to 250rpms maybe? I know i asked alot of hard questions so i wont hold you to any comments, im just looking for some ball park figures and a rough price quote if you guys have heads i could buy fully worked up/spung/etc. thanks in advance for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread