MMR, MPR or HPP engine build

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
Hi, has anyone used any of these engine builders before? good or bad? ive always known MMR and have heard great things about them and very little bad.
HPP is in Dallas, TX has anyone used them before?
MPR is in florida has anyone used them before?

Chovy03

Established Member
I use hpp to tune my car. Manny is a genius when it comes to Cobras (he has two, one single turbo with 14-1500 horsepower and a twin turbo with equivalent) I haven't had a engine built by them but wondering around the shop while they were prepping my car, they had numerous 1000 hp plus cars being built. They know their shit. I would recommend them to anyone. 100%. Just know I called today and their next dyno tune time available for me is sept 16th. So they stay busy. Just a heads up. But they stay busy for a reason.

Michael Hughes

1 of 299
Established Member
I have not had my engine rebuild by any of them, but have talked to all of them about rebuild it for bigger numbers.

My friends has two 5.0 Mustangs built by HPP a 2014 and 2015. Each one make 1000 plus rear wheel HP on E 85. and they are DD (daily driver).

HPP has a 2 month waiting time right now.

Tim at MPR knows his shit. Out of all the engines for modular engines in the U.S he was the only one that told me my stock ECM is to slow for the power I want to make with a supercharger.

Greg at MMR was nice and spent over 3 hours with me discussing a 323 ci build. The pro's and the cons.

I also have talked to John Milovitz He know he's shit too. But he's out of My price range man.

I would call each one of the shops and see which one YOU trust and go with them.

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
is that 2 month waiting for a build or 2 month waiting to even get the engine in?
i think ill go check out HPP. there website dosnt have much info

stangfreak

Established Member
I have not had my engine rebuild by any of them, but have talked to all of them about rebuild it for bigger numbers.

My friends has two 5.0 Mustangs built by HPP a 2014 and 2015. Each one make 1000 plus rear wheel HP on E 85. and they are DD (daily driver).

HPP has a 2 month waiting time right now.

Tim at MPR knows his shit. Out of all the engines for modular engines in the U.S he was the only one that told me my stock ECM is to slow for the power I want to make with a supercharger.

Greg at MMR was nice and spent over 3 hours with me discussing a 323 ci build. The pro's and the cons.

I also have talked to John Milovitz He know he's shit too. But he's out of My price range man.

I would call each one of the shops and see which one YOU trust and go with them.

I can only imagine what John M priced you lol.

If you dont mind me asking, what were the cons of the 323 ci motor?

FATHERFORD

Established Member
For a sleeved motor at HPP, you are looking for around 4-6weeks to get the sleeves ordered and the machine work for that. Another 2 weeks for the build give or take.

I was going to get an MMR, but HPP will tell you.. "Don't buy that chinese junk"

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
Chinese junk? I thought MMR uses all american made products and there own machined parts? I could swear Manley is an american made product..

rahu8670

Established Member
I have heard nothing but good things about Tim at MPR. He is very detail oriented and has a great reputation. To top it off, he is a very nice guy. I chose him to build my motor and that's after talking with most of the competition.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I know a few local guys running MPR motors. Most of them are running 9 sec or better. The man can build a stout motor for sure. Lethal Performance has been using them to build all their motors, Ken at Lund just had his longblock completed by Tim, neighbor is running a Vortech 5.0 with an MPR motor running 9's too. Tim is going to be my go to guy on the next motor build for sure.

Nolimit

Established Member
well I may have to send mine to florida, I will give him a call one of these days. Have any of you used L&R? I hear nothing but great things, I am considering them as well.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I decided to have MPR build my motor but its not back in the car yet.

Any good shop, expect to wait a while. I did a lot of searching and couldnt turn up anything negative on them.

as mentioned, MMR uses good parts but there have been plenty of complaints and accusations about the assembly process.

Users who are viewing this thread