MO- 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 whipple supercharged

Bisquick

FYMFF!
Established Member
Well I think i'm going to go ahead and keep it. Too much time and money invested in this car to let it go to waste... Thank you for those who put interest into looking at it.

Damn right! Congrats on keeping the car, Jon. You keep buying and selling cars, might as well open a dealership and make some $$$ off yourself. :rolling: -johnnymack

ShelbyJK500

Established Member
NO disrespect to OP...but I have a concern. How does anyone buy a car on the forums. I'm on six different Mustang/SVT/GT500 forums. Every time I'm about to go pull the financing on a car, the OP changes their mind?? It's getting really old. There's one I was going to pull the trigger on last week and the OP disappeared from those interested...then came back with a $1500 price increase!! I felt really bad for a guy who actually got the financing and never heard back from the seller until he came back with $1500 MORE in the deal. Sorry...just my experience, and I've only been shopping for the last month!! :shrug:

whoareyou

Established Member
If there was anyone seriously interested in this car at $40K, I would happily install a Whipple kit and headers + exhaust on my car and sell it to you for $40K.

ShelbyJK500

Established Member
If there was anyone seriously interested in this car at $40K, I would happily install a Whipple kit and headers + exhaust on my car and sell it to you for $40K.

I wasn't "seriously" interested...but curious. Keep finding a common theme on the forums. They need a "feeler" section...not a for sale section!!

NightriderWRX

Established Member
I wasn't "seriously" interested...but curious. Keep finding a common theme on the forums. They need a "feeler" section...not a for sale section!!

Well if you were following my thread it was originally a "feeler" thread. But then it went from a "feeler" to a "for sale" thread. No pund intended. but understand that it was then was again, and now is. If I was offered $40,000 for the car I would consider selling it; however right now, no. The car is running phenomenal and i'm enjoying every bit of it. If you were curious you would have pm'd me. That's normally the best way to receive full knowledge if the owner is serious to sell it or not.

NightriderWRX

Established Member

so was my asking price to high or something? it's a buyer's market. If you weren't interested then why would have posted. Why thread-jack to stir the pot?

whoareyou

Established Member
so was my asking price to high or something? it's a buyer's market. If you weren't interested then why would have posted. Why thread-jack to stir the pot?

I'm not thread jacking, your car is no longer for sale. I was just joking around that I would put $10,000 in mods on my car if it meant selling it for $10,000 more than I'm asking in stock form.

ShelbyJK500

Established Member
Well if you were following my thread it was originally a "feeler" thread. But then it went from a "feeler" to a "for sale" thread. No pund intended. but understand that it was then was again, and now is. If I was offered $40,000 for the car I would consider selling it; however right now, no. The car is running phenomenal and i'm enjoying every bit of it. If you were curious you would have pm'd me. That's normally the best way to receive full knowledge if the owner is serious to sell it or not.

If you noticed my post was AFTER your post, that you had changed your mind. I haven't been following your thread...because I didn't know it existed as anything else. Either way, it was listed "for sale". As far as PM'ing you to gain "full knowledge" if the seller is serious or not?? I'm lost. Why would I have to PM a seller to see if they are serious about selling an item they have listed for sale?!? Why would I want to pursue that after you took it off the market. I'm not into playing games.

I was simply commenting on a trend of "for sale" cars that keep getting yanked after people have interest, even as far as securing financing, only to have the seller back out. Frustrating on the buyers end, and isn't conducive to "forum markets". This wasn't high jacking either, since in my mind the thread might as well have been closed after you posted it was no longer for sale. I figure after that, it's fair game. I was commenting, not trying to stir the pot...and truly wondering if those out there in the market are feeling the same disconnect with forum sales lately.

NightriderWRX

Established Member
I don't know why they have not yet closed this thread... I suppose if there was a way for me to do it... I would have. But why use my thread as an example? It wasn't indecisive thinking. Cars in my eyes always have a selling price. I was referring that if someone who was seriously interested in the car tends to pm the seller or contact them via email or phone, informing them that wish to proceed forward. If that were the case then I would imagine the seller would most likely keep the car for sale. But using my thread as an example def. does not meet what your saying's criteria. IF you wanted to post something in the lines of how forum sales should be made, yada yada, do it on your own thread.

ShelbyJK500

Established Member
I don't know why they have not yet closed this thread... I suppose if there was a way for me to do it... I would have. But why use my thread as an example? It wasn't indecisive thinking. Cars in my eyes always have a selling price. I was referring that if someone who was seriously interested in the car tends to pm the seller or contact them via email or phone, informing them that wish to proceed forward. If that were the case then I would imagine the seller would most likely keep the car for sale. But using my thread as an example def. does not meet what your saying's criteria. IF you wanted to post something in the lines of how forum sales should be made, yada yada, do it on your own thread.

I hear ya...I wish they would close it too. I'm not using yours as an "example". Believe me, I comment on every thread on every forum lately when it comes to sellers pulling out of the market when there is interest. Like I said in some cases I know of people who actually got financing in place and the sale got pulled, I personally think that is BS. Anyhow, I could understand if you had this for-sale-ad going for a month or longer and NO ONE had interest. But you changed your mind after 6 or 7 days?!? To me that fits the definition of a "feeler" ad. Just my opinion...nothing else. I've gotta believe though that many others in the market out there are getting frustrating with this trend.

I don't feel I need to make my own thread just to "vent" an issue when I believe it can be addressed on the thread itself when it occasionally occurs...AFTER...what I believe has already been surrendered once the sale is pulled. Call me an A-hole or whatever, but that's my feeling on it. Unfortunately, I looked and it doesn't appear this site has rules against "feeler" ads, like many others do (for this very concern). If I would have seen your ad described as a "feeler", I wouldn't have posted a thing. Sorry for any confusion.

TEGEN

Established Member
I just sold a car on another forum - It was listed here too.

Everyone is a "buyer" until a price is agreed on. Then mysteriously, they disappear or try to negotiate further after you agree to the offer THEY gave.

This experience reminded my why people trade cars in.

There are alot of people out there with no intention of buying & just like to waste peoples time. Maybe they're lonely or need validation?

If a person REALLY wants to buy a car on a forum, it's pretty damn easy. It just takes real cash & a private message.

Sorry for further polluting this thread.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread