Mobil 1 oil filter is M1-210, correct? WTF, it doesn't fit!!

allmotorTA

Established Member
Edit: I'm just gonna roll with it... I think that's how it is supposed to look. It's sealing....

I thought 03 cobra mobil 1 filters are M1-210... Well, I threaded it on and it is not long enough. It is hand tight, but the end with the rubber seal is still almost a quarter of an inch from making contact. Check out the pics: What's the deal? I called 3 places and they confirmed M1-210 was the correct one...

is.php

is.php

is.php

Last edited:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I've used an M210 filter 3 times now with no problem. I guess i'll check mine to see how close it touches. You sure the right filter was in the right box?

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Here's a pic of mine. You caught me at a good time, I am actually doing an oil change right now. There appear to be no oil leaks on mine. Hopefully this is ok.

m210.JPG

Last edited:

DPS

Established Member
Mobil oil filters are made by Champion. They filter down to 10 microns and are better built than the FL 820.

:beer:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I always wet the o-ring with oil before installing it (and I also prefill the filter with oil). I have found that it helps with sealing, plus the oil prevents it from sticking to the housing when the filter is changed.

Users who are viewing this thread