Modded my virgin 2014 and took it top the dyno

SlowShelby_TX

Established Member
Last February I picked up a "wrapper" car from a collection that only had 7 miles on it. I continued to drive my modded 2010 gt500 until mid summer or so, and then sold it with around 102k miles on it. I bought that one with 4k miles on it, and installed the usual goodies (upper, lower, resonator delete, 3" offroad exhaust and tune) at around 10k miles. That car pulled 540whp on my local Mustang dyno.

Last week, I put a 2.4 upper, CJ 65mm tb, BPS plenum, steeda 130mm intake, O/R X and a lund tune on the 2014. I has right at 4k miles on it now. On the same mustang dyno, it pulled 663whp and 653wtq. I never dynoed this one stock, but looking trough other files stock '13 and 14' GT500s pull around 530whp there. One of the stock cars then had a revan 13-6 installed, and he pulled 637whp there, so my numbers appear pretty inline.

I am very happy with how the car runs now, and the blower is much louder. The operator only pulled the car to 6350rpm, so there could have been a couple more ponies, but it is just a number anyways. I will say it finds the rev limit much easier now :) It is way more fun to drive :) Now we will see how long the new drag radials will last.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey OP, thats pretty cool. Excellent info for just us aveage joes who enjoy our cars with mostly "stock guts".

Question, in the 102k miles on your 2010, anything MAJOR ever go out or need replacing? People may think 102k is a lot, I tend to disagree with a 5.4 based motor.

Please consider adding your results to the 2013/2014 Shelby GT500 Dyno Results thread. Lots of info there to compare your car to as well.

Am I allowed to post here after my spring mods?

SlowShelby_TX

Established Member
Please consider adding your results to the 2013/2014 Shelby GT500 Dyno Results thread. Lots of info there to compare your car to as well.

Will do.

Hey OP, thats pretty cool. Excellent info for just us aveage joes who enjoy our cars with mostly "stock guts".

Thanks. I may get a little froggier down the road, but it might depend on what happens with 2020+ prices.

Question, in the 102k miles on your 2010, anything MAJOR ever go out or need replacing? People may think 102k is a lot, I tend to disagree with a 5.4 based motor.
Perhaps not very surprising, but not at all. It was actually one of the main driving reasons for me to stay with the GT500s. I did put on clutch in it around 55k miles, but that is to be expected. One warranty repair for a random battery cable failure early in its life. It did need to have some sort of GEM module replaced, but I think that is because of some paint work done to the car was over sprayed on a ground. Nothing major though. I never tracked it, but I drove it, almost always with R comps on it :) It was a great car.

Attachments

• Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    767 KB · Views: 158
  • Seats.jpg
    Seats.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 153

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That '10 GT-500 performed well for you over the years. It is great that you're buying low mileage car with the intent to actually drive them. I hope you get the same day to day enjoyment from your newly modded '14 GT-500, and more.

rpmchi86

Established Member
great numbers, i plan on dynoing my car as soon as weather is nice before any mods.

Users who are viewing this thread