Modified stock hood vents. (cooling)Tell me what you think.

Black Sex

Established Member
I was getting tired of the way my stock hood vents looked and can't afford Fore, or TF vents. So I got out the mini side cutters, an xacto knife, and some sand paper. I decided to cut out every other louver. Then I shot them with couple coats of satin black trim paint then put a layer of clear on them. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics
Edit: Finished pics on pg.7, pg 8 has a new set with wrinkle paint and cut out 3 louvers and left one

0327102351.jpg

0328102007.jpg

0331101337.jpg

0331101337a.jpg

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
wow, those turned out great. i have the fore vents but if i didnt i'd be giving this a try

Black Sex

Established Member
Get your sanding fingers on boys. It sucks. I think it took me like 3 or 4 hrs to sand it all and its still not perfect. I should've went over it with 400 but got tired of sanding. I wraped the sandpaper around a file and it worked good.

Last edited:

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Looks pretty good, but Im not sure of the sanding part. I finished polishing my tails and it took me 8 hrs total for that. Thanks for the tip though.

Black Sex

Established Member
Looks pretty good, but Im not sure of the sanding part. I finished polishing my tails and it took me 8 hrs total for that. Thanks for the tip though.

What? 8 hrs to polish your tips? I polished a whole set of stainless headers, 2.5" primaries, with a 4 1/2" collector in about 4hrs with a buffer.

benulis55

Established Member
That is NICE

cheers to you for being a pioneer :beer:

anyone have stock hood vents they want to sell to me? :thumbsup:

Black Sex

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys :beer:
I've been kicking around the idea of buying a couple extra sets and doing them to sell :shrug:

Black Sex

Established Member
i say go for it. i mean...you prob wont make a living off of them, but you might make a lil side money

not really to make money but to give some people cheaper options. the only thing that sucks is they wont ever be perfect since they are done by hand (too scared to use the dremel). anyone can do it, it just takes time, which some people dont have and would rather just pay for someone elses time....just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread